Stupid question - bites

Total

Site Supporter
@Macca81 ......Sounds like a combination of things. Iron one out a bit at a time and it will come together.;)(y)

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
I think you’re being a bit hard on yourself.

Personally I think a light float is a bad idea in margins because it can get wafted around too much. I’d have no qualms in using a 0.4 float in 2 foot. I also fish a solid bulk on the hook length knot, six inches from the hook.

I’ve moved away from feeding a lot of bait to establish a carpet and am now trying to create a method feeder effect, with a small pile of bait around my hookbait in the margin.

Crucians in particular and their relations F1s can do things to a float that defy gravity. If you were catching and lip hooking it doesn’t sound like you need to change drastically?

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
Let's see now, hmmm...e=mc2 over 1 third. multiplied by the angle of the dangle..allow for the following breeze...Yes @RedhillPhil, you are correct. :LOL:
If you are going to get technical mate get it right. Your mathematical modelling is only partially correct, you have forgotten to multiply your final answer by the volume of your box divided by the reciprocal of the volume of your flask in ml. :confused::confused:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
If you are going to get technical mate get it right. Your mathematical modelling is only partially correct, you have forgotten to multiply your final answer by the volume of your box divided by the reciprocal of the volume of your flask in ml. :confused::confused:
I'm old skool mate, ml's mean nothing to me, it's pints. :LOL:
Besides, I'm a 66 year old poor pensioner that needs a pen and paper to work out how far the nearest shop is, so I can blame my age and get away with it, I think. :unsure:

160642fishing

Site Supporter
You also forgot to factor in the ambient air temperature and the fact that on most days the floor is level with the ground,only my opinion of course.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
You also forgot to factor in the ambient air temperature and the fact that on most days the floor is level with the ground,only my opinion of course.
Crikey, there's a lot to this here fishing lark isn't there?. o_O:LOL: