Stripping down a phone

Chervil

Site Supporter
Well that didn't quite go to plan :bash:

View attachment 33798

The back cover shattered into a million pieces but hey ho I can buy a new one of them....

Then I managed to dismantle it... that was the easy bit

But the mic card (in front of the phone in the pic) also has two tabs that fold around the front and the only way you can fit them is to take the front screen off. No chance

So if anyone wants to contact me in the next few days please do so by telepathics lol

PS. Anyone want to buy a mic and charging port card for an S7, unused lol?
images.jpg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Now there's an idea as long as I don't need the onscreen buttons in the front screen lol

Luckily I backed it all up first so just restoring it to an older S6 for the time being - always have a backup plan ;)

carphauler

Looking at it online, looks like you have 2 options, replace the board but you need to pry the screen off a small amount,

Or solder the actual mic port on its own which looks extremely delicate and risk frying the board.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nope, I wouldn't expect that part to go well either

It's all in the bin now which to be honest is where I felt it would end up anyway :D

Warden

Site Supporter
you need some grandkids Dave I was a bloody expert at cracked screens must have done 7/8 did not matter what make it was they could drop it lol.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"So Mr Webster you say you broke this phone after falling from a ladder,just like the other four previous claims.
One of which included the damaged tv"

62tucker

Site Supporter
I took my iPhone with similar issue to lad in market and he replaced speaker for £20.