Stripping down a phone

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Who said what lol

Still waiting for the part :)

I can use the phone if I put a mike in the socket but if I use the onboard mike it is just muffled

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Who said what lol

I can use the phone if I put a mike in the socket but if I use the onboard mike it is just muffled

That’s a mega answer when i said you’d be the taker, you replied ya was waiting for the part 🤣👍👍👍👍🤣

Arch

Site Supporter
It's fiddly, very fiddly. I've changed a few Iphone screens, batterys, charging ports and speakers. Watch a video whilst you do it. Keep stopping it at important parts. Have something to put all the bits you have to take out before you get to the part you want to change, and keep them in order. Not all screws are the same, and they MUST go back in exactly the same way they came out. In the end, I was doing that many repairs, I bought the correct screwdrivers, saves a lot of hassle because the tools that come with the replacement part aren't very good. A magnifying lamp is also a good idea, the screws are tiny.

Use this guy.

........Good luck.
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

carphauler

It's fiddly, very fiddly. I've changed a few Iphone screens, batterys, charging ports and speakers. Watch a video whilst you do it. Keep stopping it at important parts. Have something to put all the bits you have to take out before you get to the part you want to change, and keep them in order. Not all screws are the same, and they MUST go back in exactly the same way they came out. In the end, I was doing that many repairs, I bought the correct screwdrivers, saves a lot of hassle because the tools that come with the replacement part aren't very good. A magnifying lamp is also a good idea, the screws are tiny.

Use this guy.

........Good luck.
:whistle::whistle::whistle:
Smaller scratches start at level 6 with deeper one's at level 7.........

feldri

Site Supporter
Who said what lol

Ever thought the mike could be blocked by dust etc? Stick a vacuum cleaner on it for a few seconds. It's amazing how much cement dust can get into everything. ;)

slaner

Site Supporter
done an iPhone 5 simple just tried my daughters iPhone 7 and it went tits up the screws are smaller than a fleas s**t

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If it doesn't work I'll get the angry grinder out and turn it into a garden feature :D

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well that didn't quite go to plan :bash:

20200523_163030.png

The back cover shattered into a million pieces but hey ho I can buy a new one of them....

Then I managed to dismantle it... that was the easy bit

But the mic card (in front of the phone in the pic) also has two tabs that fold around the front and the only way you can fit them is to take the front screen off. No chance

So if anyone wants to contact me in the next few days please do so by telepathics lol

PS. Anyone want to buy a mic and charging port card for an S7, unused lol?

Arch

Site Supporter
"The back cover shattered into a million pieces"

What, on its own ??