Stretton lakes

Chervil

Site Supporter
I've been there mate, I'm going to be honest it was a little too busy for me. I've never stayed there, if I had I might feel different, maybe I don't know? All that sticks in my mind was cars driving around the lakes with rods hanging out the windows and screaming kids. Fishing was good mind you.
I can understand that. Stretton is very peaceful. We book the lakeside lodges at Eye Kettleby and I must admit I like having the option of walking down to the club for lunch. I didn't fish any of the other lakes, but it was nice to have the choice. The lodges are identical to Stretton as the bloke that owns Stretton is the brother of the lady who owns Eye Kettleby.

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Witches valley I am surprised at how you find Eye Kettleby I have been there quite a lot with a fishing mate, a fellow MD'er @Simon Walsh and by myself. Including staying twice in the lodges on site and have never experienced it as you did. All I can say is you must have hit it on really off day. Lots of times I have been the only angler on the lake.

Simon Walsh

2nd what Kev says. We’ve fished lake 7 on numerous occasions and there only been a couple more on there

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Witches valley just to add to what Simon said lake 7 is a 60 peg lake and with 6 mixed coarse fishing & 2 specimen lakes, along with 2 resident only lakes there is a fair bit to go at.

Witches valley

@Witches valley I am surprised at how you find Eye Kettleby I have been there quite a lot with a fishing mate, a fellow MD'er @Simon Walsh and by myself. Including staying twice in the lodges on site and have never experienced it as you did. All I can say is you must have hit it on really off day. Lots of times I have been the only angler on the lake.
2nd what Kev says. We’ve fished lake 7 on numerous occasions and there only been a couple more on there
Well that's the story of my life mate, right place wrong day :ROFLMAO: I'll give it another go one day I'm sure, thank you for the advice.

I can't even remember what time of the year it was when I fished it, it was hot and there was loads of caravans and cars, I do remember catching alot of carp also.

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Witches valley if your planning on coming down for the day or longer, let me know and i will nip round and see what lakes are producing & on what baits as it's only 10 minutes from where I live. If you fancy so company too for a day's fishing let me know in advance and I will try to meet you up there. (y)

Last edited:

The Big Fella

It’s fishing very well at the minute the middle of lake 7 was absolutely solid for carp and they are growing on well....

Had a double common out other week, weighed it as well and not a mark on it.

Lake 4 still producing near the islands

Lake 3 the narrow end loads of bites skimmers and crucian s And has been said the place to go if it’s blowing a hooley as it gives ya some respite with banking

Lake 6 has been probably the hardest to sort for us if you want decent carp as they are wiser fish and only seem to really get going in margins later on in the day

Witches valley

@Witches valley if your planning on coming down for the day or longer, let me know and i will nip round and see what lakes are producing & on what baits as it's only 10 minutes from where I live. If you fancy so company too for a day's fishing let me know in advance and I will try to meet you up there. (y)
What a lovely offer, I might take you up on that mate thank you.

Witches valley

Welcome to join me at Eye Kettleby for a day between 13th - 18th July, I get there on 12th
Again thank you for the offer, the kindness has quite surprised me. I hope you have a great time.

It seems Eye kettleby is well recommend, I must of been unlucky. @Scribe to be fair I think I caught plenty of fish, it was just busy. As you say maybe just an off day.

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
I would echo @Chervil 's comment I fished lake 4 at Eye Kettleby and caught skimmer bream, nicely sized roach, perch & crucians, most coming from shallow water. Plenty of fish in great condition and nice to have a variety. Another bonus of Lake 4 at it's narrow end it's situated in a hollow and the banking shields you from the worst of any wind.

It may seem like it from my numerous post about the place, but I have no connection whatsoever to Eye Kettleby or the owners.
It is a sin to 'disown your parents' mate :p:p:p

Scribe

Site Supporter
Again thank you for the offer, the kindness has quite surprised me. I hope you have a great time.

It seems Eye kettleby is well recommend, I must of been unlucky. @Scribe to be fair I think I caught plenty of fish, it was just busy. As you say maybe just an off day.
Your welcolme @Witches valley although to be fair, I don't think anyone that has fished with me would call it a kindness :D And some poor souls who have been unfortunate to have drawn me as partner in a mystery doubles match, would say it's more of a curse. :sick::D:D

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Your welcolme @Witches valley although to be fair, I don't think anyone that has fished with me would call it a kindness :D :sick::D:D
Pleased you warned me before we meet up!!!! 😘
SWMBO has me booked Tuesday morning 16th but will be free to fish when I want rest of my week at Eye Kettleby, she will fit in with my schedule.

Cannot wait!!!!

Witches valley

@Scribe My partner fishes but I would not think she'd be a great doubles partner, she might slow me down, so good for you two guys :ROFLMAO:

Great to be excited @Geoff P no matter how old we get, we are children when on a bank. Well in other area's also according to some who know me :)