Stowe Pool - Lichfield

david white

Site Supporter
Sorry for butting in but in the interest of ‘ fair play ‘ and to avoid any after match ‘ repercussions ‘ ( not that I’m implying there would be of course !! )
Why not have 3 teams of 4 ?

Goughybagsup1

Site Supporter
To be honest Dave I cant ve bothered with the extensive debate about who should be on what team because if I didnt run the match nobody would and it's like all matches nowadays you can turn up on the day to find out someones let you down anyway so it's far simpler for us to lend 2 of our blokes to the opposition and carry on if I select a team of 4 out of my team of 6 I will be accused of picking the best anglers for my team and If I lend the opposition 2 men then I'll be accused of giving them a dodgy angler so you cant win either way.

bricky72

Site Supporter
To be honest Dave I cant ve bothered with the extensive debate about who should be on what team because if I didnt run the match nobody would and it's like all matches nowadays you can turn up on the day to find out someones let you down anyway so it's far simpler for us to lend 2 of our blokes to the opposition and carry on if I select a team of 4 out of my team of 6 I will be accused of picking the best anglers for my team and If I lend the opposition 2 men then I'll be accused of giving them a dodgy angler so you cant win either way.
Agree that’s why I’m getting fed up organising matches as the time effort put in then get folk grumbling over payouts how been pegged even blamed for weather lol

and our team as a handicap in me anyway mate so don’t worry

bet levels up a bit aren’t they lol 😂

david white

Site Supporter
Ah when you put it into the context I understand what you mean
my simple solution looking from the outsiders point of view was for ‘ gutsys ‘ team of 4 and decide the other 8 anglers ( your contingency ‘ ) into two teams of 4 by some means, draw numbers 1-8 therefor team of odds and team of evens, but as that infamous saying goes
you can please some of anglers .....................
tight lines to all who participate most of all have a great day

Gutsy

Site Supporter
Great day today at the three spires soul club some banging tunes played by the resident dj,s and great banter as always , thanks for awarding me top prize in the dancing competition Jamie

Goughybagsup1

Site Supporter
Well its Stowe has lived up to its reputation today with a rock hard performance all around!! Its like the fish have swam down a tunnel never to return !!

Despite the difficult conditions, drawing the more difficult peg sequence and losing our 2 best anglers to the away team the Stowe home team came out on top! A big thank you to the birmingham and earlswood super star Simon Farmer for making a guest appearance on the Stowe home team! And congratulations on your Match win !

Myself and Simon fished a blinder to carry the rest of the Stowe team to Victory after gutsy tried to destract me with grossly offensive dancing for 3 hours I managed to get my blinkers on. Using extensive watercraft and some of shropshire finest red worms I managed to find 2 lovely stowe burglar perch which grinned at gutsy on the way into the net.

Well done to all who fished and thankyou to our visitors who have seen Stowe at it's best today:)

Love you all :)

Results as follows -:
1st - Simon Farmer - 5lb . 0oz
2nd - Kissergram Kirtons - 3lb 15oz
3rd - Lucas Gough - 2lb 4oz
4th - Bend it like Bricky - 10oz
5th - Dealer Dave - 8oz
6th - Pro star Alldritt - 4oz
7th - Gusty Hart - DNW
7th - Jake Northern superstar - DNW
7th - Judas John - DNW
7th - Martin Pingu - DNW
7th - Juicy Jamie - DNW
7th - Tremendous Trev- DNW

20191110_155704.jpg20191110_155708.jpg20191110_155713.jpgIMG-20191110-WA0012.jpg

Goughybagsup1

Site Supporter
@Goughybagsup1
Can’t believe you brought ringers in lol
And funny how this match report done couple hours after finished
Bend it like bricky !! 🤣🤣 cant wait for the next one it's your turn to find a venue next !! Your also all welcome on our Float only match on Stowe at the end of January !! That's gonna be quality it will fish its head off !!

Peace out !