Stowe Pool - Lichfield

davehinton

Ain’t all canals the same Chappo 🤔 got to be said though, it was very hard going yesterday but thoroughly enjoyable. It was more to get some rigs sorted and to get the pole out, which has been gathering dust for well over a year 😳
Really looking forward to Sunday now, it’ll be another Stowe, rock hard but with plenty of banter between some dodgy blokes👍🏻

Attachments

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
Love the Extension, I used to fish it regularly, whether it be matches or just pleasure, and I was convinced there were quality fish on every peg and always felt I left a few pound in there after packing up.
My first winter league, 94ish, my car wouldn't start and got there 2 hours in, got my worm and joker off Barry Lloyd who used to own a tackle shop in Bridgetown, ran to my peg behind the dog kennels and I was pegged next to Norman Carpenter who fished for Dam AFS at the time. His face was a picture as I broke the ice, first put in 6oz perch, and put another pound in the net within an hour, cant repeat what he called me! He did win the section though. One of the best cut anglers out there was Norm.

chappo

Site Supporter
According to the pre-match rumours we are likely to be in for a proper grueller.
The pegs Mr B has chosen are directly at the access point on the roadside and not at opposite the boat yard
Someone has said (seriously) that the resident shoal comprises of 2 perch that are regularly caught and, if your'e lucky, the odd solitary roach
No blood or joker allowed so a proper scrattin match
If Norman Carpenter was reporting on this one in the local rag he wouldn't have much to write about Tantric :)

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
Hi Paul.
It was never prolific in winter, but always fair. I remember a match being won with two perch on the chop for 5lb plus, and there were bits for two or three pound along that stretch, getting warmer as well so don't be surprised if the tench and skimmers show. I even had a crayfish there once, and I know how much you Stowe lads love a crayfish! Been way too long since I fished it, so probably changed loads since then. Looking forward to the report.

By the way, those handmade floats are the business, thanks again for those..

chappo

Site Supporter
You've renewed my faith in the towpath again Mate :)
That's put a different angle on it now - need to take a bit of dog food for a crawker line - set the feeder up for the skimmers and dig some lobbies
Can see it clearly now - double figures here we come :):)
By the looks of the news this morning I could be sentenced to life for a crime I didn't commit later today - if any of our gang refer to me as 'shorty' or El Chapo again there's gonna be a falling out:-(

chappo

Site Supporter
Just posted a 'guess the weight for Sunday' competition on Fishing Talk bit on here
Put your guess below

david white

Site Supporter
5 lb 15oz

I have it on good authority that a few ' mug ' fish are giving themselves up in order to meet the motley crew

seriously tight lines all hope you have a great crack

Robbo2

Site Supporter
Poundland Canal king 17th feb

5/2 Jay, consistent taking prize money from most of the events he’s been in but likely to be distracted by the remotest sniff of passing skirt.
5/2 Luke once had a magazine article where he bagged almost 200lb of chub off cut, anything less than double figures will be a bad day! Most like to put so much bait it’ll have be redredged.
3/1 willy, would be favourite if he decided to use his margin pole, 10/1 special to land a chub, carp, catfish or sturgeon!
7/2 Dave Turpin, the price reflects the fact he’s practiced in the last week. As many have bought tackle off him dastardly Dave dodgy gear might give him the advantage
7/2 Trevor, knows the venue hasn’t won a Poundland event recently could be the value bet, everyone plans to send dirty WhatsApp pics so he’ll spend more time red carding people than fishing
4/1 Alan has won previously but may miss a large portion of the contest unintentionally falling asleep
4/1 Chappo, if he starts catching from the whistle could be a great bet. Highly likely to start playing practical jokes, groundbait fights, chatting to random strangers and getting distracted from fishing.
4/1 Rich hard to get a line of form on the dark horse as hasn’t been to many poundlanders recently.
16s bar