Sticky maggots in pellet feeder

Krh57

Site Supporter
Has anyone ever tried using sticky dead red maggots in a pellet type feeder ? The reason for Asking this question is because of colder weather coming would it be a viable method !

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Never used them sticky but I do freeze left over maggots to save for short sessions where it’s probably not worth the expense of getting new bait, especially in winter. It picks up fish but not as effectively as live maggots in my experience.

Krh57

Site Supporter
Thanks for reply, just wondered if it was a method of getting a ‘few’ dead reds close to an island without using any groundbait, especially during the colder months !

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Yes you can use sticky mag on a feeder, I've used it on a method casting 30 or so yards to under trees for tench. Also made little balls and used them using a catty. So using them in a pellet feeder is perfect.

Krh57

Site Supporter
Thanks, Tinca, I’ll maybe give it at try !

Total

Site Supporter
Yes it is a viable method in a pellet feeder as long as you don't press the sticky maggots in the feeder to hard. You'll soon know, as you'll be bringing the feeder back with the sticky maggots still in the pellet feeder.

A water we fish in the colder months responds very well to dead maggot in the pellet feeder. But after a lot of experimentation I've found it best to feed just dead maggots with the pellet feeder capped of with an crushed expander type ground bait or just a few micros....

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Anyone tried the maggot cone? As in like a pellet cone 👍

Just need something to stick them together, fishing completely feederless then, just need a small lead to get them out there.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Sticky mag, horlicks, some very fine meals and l have tried baby's milk powder.