Stephens of Birmingham

Zerkalo

Went to visit my Brother in the Isle of Wight and he has the tackle we used as kids that was previously my dads. I remember using this and some other stuff he had.

stephens.JPG
(stock photo)

Anyone remember these? Was Stephens of Birmingham a tackle company?

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Is that about the timeframe we're talking about for this box? I had it down as 70s! It has a wooden seat under the cover that's bent out of shape!
That box could have been 70's. Used to see a few knocking around in the 80's though.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I had the box and the holdall, the box wasn't great until I drilled all of the rivets out of the frame and replaced them with 6mm capheads and nyloc nuts. But it was nice n light and you could fit a load of kit in it. The holdall was a different kettle of fish, very good quality, I think it was 6 tubes, it was like a smartie tube with a velcro fastening lid, lasted me years,
6748DYB.jpg
I would have put them to be late 70's as I did the work on the box when I was an apprentice so that would be between 76 - 80

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I had the box and the holdall, the box wasn't great until I drilled all of the rivets out of the frame and replaced them with 6mm capheads and nyloc nuts. But it was nice n light and you could fit a load of kit in it. The holdall was a different kettle of fish, very good quality, I think it was 6 tubes, it was like a smartie tube with a velcro fastening lid, lasted me years,
View attachment 26865
I would have put them to be late 70's as I did the work on the box when I was an apprentice so that would be between 76 - 80
Yep, me too. Lasted me about 12 years before I bought a Brennan & Hickman. One of those you opened up.

johnfranks

View attachment 26865
I had one of those must be early 80s and a Efgecco Supaseat. The one with the sprung seat

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I had one as well , brown painted metal tubing.
Had the rod holdall as well , come to think about it l might still have it with a load of old rods in it . Got about 6 or 7 holdalls put away holding all sorts of rods and I'm sure I've got that one still .