Starting to get angry now.

GeoffW

Site Supporter
I have no intention of going fishing, I will abide by the governments guidelines of staying in. Having said that I have yet to be
told why fishing on ones own is a risk to others.

I feel as if I am public enemy number one simply for having an opinion that differs. The herd mentality of `get him` he is not
one of us is quite scary. Perhaps the `FFS` `what planet` and `idiot` brigade should make their way to the nearest mirror.
In principle fishing alone is not a risky situation, apart from accidents on the bank, it's the getting to and from the venue that raises the accident risk. I don't know how many vehicle accidents there are per day, but it's a lot.
Anyway it's out of our hands now, any unnecessary journeys are being checked on and police taking action. People driving to exercise dogs have been fined.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I'm dead proud of what her and her team are doing in Oxford to try and save us all. And all some idiots can do is talk about wanting to go fishing. FFS:mad:
Just picked the missus up from Scunthorpe hospital where shes just put an extra shift in to help out. She walked across the car park in her ordinary clothes as after work they now have to bag their uniforms. I couldnt feel more proud. Been married 35 years. I hope to have another 35 with my beautiful lady.

rudd

In principle fishing alone is not a risky situation, apart from accidents on the bank, it's the getting to and from the venue that raises the accident risk. I don't know how many vehicle accidents there are per day, but it's a lot.
Anyway it's out of our hands now, any unnecessary journeys are being checked on and police taking action. People driving to exercise dogs have been fined.
good

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I can appreciate the NHS does not need any extra work because of road accidents but that is different from spreading a virus.

I will make this my last post on this thread. One thing I would like to make clear is my admiration for our medial people, I am not
saying it because it is fashionable {for want of a better word} but because the last couple of years has certainly opened my eyes to
just how we depend on these wonderful people.

I hope I have not made any enemies because of this thread but I will always speak my mind.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
PG, speaking your mind will not make you enemies, it's when you act out your mind that will :D

Scribe

Site Supporter
My club's main complex with 5 lakes is 10 minutes drive away, it is fenced & padlocked so not open to the public. That said I don't think it's in the spirit of the times to go and fish, as much as I would love to. That said I can understand anglers frustration when cyclists, dog walkers are free to roam the risk factor of passing on the virus being seemingly higher in the latter two activities.

Whisker

Site Supporter
I’m not an enemy. My frustration lies with the idiots that refuse to do as they’ve been asked. I for one, don’t want this to go on any longer than it needs to. Some are doing their best to comply while some people treat it like they’re on bloomin’ holiday.
As much as I would like to go fishing, I like the idea of seeing another Christmas more... and I usually hate Christmas! 😝

Chervil

Site Supporter
Ah, so the tube trains packed to the gunwales are not moving?
I think there is a slight difference with people getting to work, most of whom I can only assume will be key workers in one form or another, or their place of work would be closed and people wanting to go fishing.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Chervil - you have a greater faith in human nature than me, by assuming that most are 'key' workers. And key workers or not, they are clearly in danger of spreading, or picking up, the virus. Or does the virus know they are in key jobs? ;)

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
All the government have said about working is that if you can work from home you should. They have not banned people from going to work because they are really worried about the bill as a result of their support package. None of our neighbours are off work and I’m sure they are not key workers.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm going to a job tomorrow to get it finished off so the client can be invoiced.

Stay safe, work within the guidelines, see you on the other side :)

Reuben

Site Supporter
All the government have said about working is that if you can work from home you should. They have not banned people from going to work because they are really worried about the bill as a result of their support package. None of our neighbours are off work and I’m sure they are not key workers.
Is that just your opinion or do you have any actual facts regarding the government’s ‘worries’?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
If i had any worries about harming anyone i would refrain from dont it simples as. Look after each other in this time and we will be Looking back and Raising a glass to its ending.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I can’t think of any other reason why they should tell people to keep going to work. Just seems to make sense. They are probably also worried about businesses going under.

marc_uk

An old work colleague is in hospital, no underlying health problems, 42 and hes 50/50 :(

Certainly not a time to be taking risks. I had lots of plans to take my little lad fishing this year but there will be other years.

Stay safe