Starting to get angry now.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
@juttle

What those who protest forget is our stressed,tired and at risk wives and partners are the very same people that they will no doubt be in need of at some time in their life.

Due to having the responsibility of having 80 care home residents and 30 staff (currently down to 21) I have seen my partner probably less than 24 hours over the past fortnight. Yes she could probably get away for a bit but she wont because she does what she does and has always put others before herself.
Like you said mate it"s a vocation and it never leaves them.

Rjays 2

Golden opportunity to score mega brownie points with the missus, for when it all opens up again...Think about it and stop trying to seek loopholes

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Look on the bright side, no traffic, air pollution down and not old fogies in the way moaning 🤣🤣😉😉

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Really??
Come on mate its a couple of weeks if the majority follow the rules.

So you go fishing because youre on your own, you realise you have no bait and the angling shop is closed, ok off to the supermarket for bread and corn etc, contacts with loads of people unnecessarily.
Your car needs filling up so your off to the petrol station, same scenario, avoidable contact with people.
You get to the fishery, hands all over the lock to the gate if a club fishery.

The next load of whingers decide to follow suit, they are golfers, suddenly they have an excuse to be out unnecessarily too.
Where does it stop? suddenly everybodies hobby turns out to be essential and "doing no harm"
Everybody needs to just ride it out and keep everybody safe instead of paying the price longer term
Agree with your comments except for the " couple of weeks " , don't hold your breath !

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
My daughter is working on taking samples from healthy volunteer lungs this morning. Then they've got samples from covid positive patients in London.. They're going to add Azithromycin to the samples and see if it reduces the viral load.
Give her all our love Mike. 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Day three of restrictions and people are going into meltdown :)
Im surprised we even got to day three reading some of the above posts. Maybe under Maggie you should put ..... NO FISHING AT ALL UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE Dave ?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
@Wise Owl , I hate to break it to you fella but now that your kids are all grown up, you now fall into the "Old Fogy" category. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
How come then I get invited on all the jolly boys outings with the under 30s ? But seen as ya mention it our Gert says I’m getting younger in my ways but older by days 👍

Pompous git

Site Supporter
The sanctimonious up themselves can slag me off until the cows come home but I stick to my comments. I have been and will
be exposed to the virus on many occasions because of shopping for myself and others, I will not be exposed to the virus if I am
sitting on my own by a pond.

I am not `selfish`, never have been never will be, what is mine is yours. Except of course the wife, my bed, my fishing tackle, my
model railway, my beer, and my stash of bog rolls. Seriously peeps I have a different opinion to many, I have no wish to fall out
with you lovely people.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Bit of good news ..... Tom Hanks and his missus are recovering well according to his FB page. Its time we had a bit of positivity.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"How come then I get invited on all the jolly boys outings with the under 30s ? But seen as ya mention it our Gert says I’m getting younger in my ways but older by days "

Why Owly???? because everyone needs a favourite grandad

And Clive was still probably younger than most on here :ROFLMAO:

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
The Environment Agency have set up a National Incident hotline and are operating 24/7, to try and remove any anglers breaking the rules. They said that they will almost definitely be up in the court of law and facing massive punishments.
Here's the number if anyone wants to report anyone that's breaking the law.
0800 80 70 60.
Please share.

That was taken from the Exeter Angling Association Facebook page just now. 👍