Starting to get angry now.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm starting to get angry now, I'm truly fed up reading posts on a lot of social media platforms (and I include this forum in that) where anglers are trying to justify why it wouldn't do any harm if they just popped out for a few hours fishing.

I love my fishing just as much as any angler and when this virus is finally dealt and done with I want to get back out on the bank and catch up with ALL of my friends.
What I don't want to do is arrive at a fishery and look around and see some of those people missing because it wasn't taken seriously and advise was ignored.
The fish will still be there to catch, so just make sure that you are still there to enjoy catching them.

Stay Safe Folks and don't think it couldn't happen to you. Follow the Government Regulations.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I fear London is going to be hit so hard by this it will be a wakeup call for the rest of the country

Just because some are doing it doesn't make it right for everyone else
4,000. Bed hospital going up down there. We be right in a mess if that fills up. Unthinkable really and fingers crossed it’s doesn’t fill up.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
some do have a fair point though peter ,i find it annoying that london seems to be the uk virus capital yet they are still allowing them to get on buses ,trams and trains .
There is No fair point, the favourite is there will just be me in the car driving to a fishery. It's not a vital journey, have an accident on the way there or on the way back that needs the emergency services and it's diverting resources away from where there needed and putting those that respond in harms way. It's just bloody selfish.

There is no need to go fishing. IT IS NOT A NECESSITY much as we might like to think that it is.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I read on another forum about lads wanting to go out shooting as it’s classed as exercising
Crazy really. Once one bends the rules others will follow.

62tucker

Site Supporter
There is No fair point, the favourite is there will just be me in the car driving to a fishery. It's not a vital journey, have an accident on the way there or on the way back that needs the emergency services and it's diverting resources away from where there needed and putting those that respond in harms way. It's just bloody selfish.
Had a mate phone last night for a catch up. He drove to the country to walk his dog as local park was full of dog walkers. He wasn’t to pleased when I told him he was breaking the new rules on unnecessary journeys. He also a very high risk. Uses a ventilator at night. Over 70. Had polio. 🤯. Then said he was expecting his cleaner today but wasn’t going to be in the same room as her. 🤯. And he blames the youth for spreading the virus. Delusional isn’t the word.

Ivan heaphurst

I don't t think that Angling will gate a dispensation to carry on. I could go out and be away from the next person but that would not apply to everyone. Truth will f the matter is if the gov said it is OK to fish on your own and away from people, it would be abused and we would have groups fishing together and traveling together. The fish will still be there when all this over and the more of us do the right thing it will be done with sooner.​

Silverfisher

Part of the problem is that you could have it so mild you could be none the wiser so spread it everywhere.

For example I’ve had a bit of a cough, a mild head ache and body aches and an ever so slightly raised temperature for a few days now. However I’m fairly certain it’s not it as none of my family or work colleagues have caught whatever I’ve got and I also have slightly sore eyes and a runny nose which aren’t symptoms (more common cold) and overall it just seems way too mild. It’s literally no more than a minor inconvenience. There’s also no cases around here so not really sure how I could have got it. That said without the testing you cant be sure so I am keeping my distance from everyone and not going out. You won’t be tested unless your are really in the poo so no one really knows the true extent of it.

crumpercatcher.

Site Supporter
A LOT of people are in for a very, very rude awakening over the next 2 or 3 weeks! I am laid up ill at home after being sent home from work. Can see loads of groups out and about in the playground, park carrying on like normal. From babies to kids, teens, adults and OAPs. :mad:

The Runner

Site Supporter
I fear London is going to be hit so hard by this it will be a wakeup call for the rest of the country

Just because some are doing it doesn't make it right for everyone else
To be fair Dave there's an awful lot of people in London with little choice but to use public transport. The number of people working there in what are currently defined as essential services (NHS, food industries, distribution, construction, utilities, police, police support services etc etc) must be in the hundreds of thousands- sure it's over 100000 for NHS alone) and by definition probably a majority of those can't work from home.
Agree its going to be a potential disaster area though.
Was talking this morning to a friend who lives in Boston in the States and she reckons over there could get worse than anywhere, New York especially at the moment, for similar reasons

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
This saga will run and run as people will just not be satisfied until someone close to them or they know is effected.
Wonder what those who keep pushing would say if one of our own on here contracted it in a very bad way.

Just like to make one observation though.
It's been said many times before that the majority on here are 50 plusers with a fair few older.
Most anglers I see on the bank are unfit and like it or not,not in the best of health.

Now remind me again which part of society is this isolation policy trying to protect?

DFL

Like Peter I too am heartily sickened by the actions of a small minority, the “I’m alright Jack” brigade. I can only assume they are of a sufficiently low intelligence as to not understand what is being asked of us.

I delivered some shopping to my 85 year old a Uncle this morning, I knew nothing about his neighbour but I do now. A very frail 90 year old lady living alone and getting a visit from her daughter just once a fortnight. There must be many elderly just like her, alone, abandoned. I ask those that think there’s a “fair point” regards the justification to go fishing to use you energy, time and resource to find a neighbour in a similar plight, you won’t have to look very far.

Theres a good chance you may derive a greater satisfaction helping someone else rather than going on a selfish immoral fishing trip.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I totally agree Peter,in fact as and from yesterday I posted that I will ban any member off the facebook page who posts he is going fishing or encourages others to go. The way I see it is it is very easy to post that you are doing this or doing tat when if fact you are no more than a keyboard warrior who likes people to think you are some sort of hard man rebel

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Club House 29
Dusty Rhodes Fishing Talk 23
Dave Spence The Club House 14
D Fishing Talk 23
S The Club House 4