Private Spare No4 section SR1

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It's a long shot I know, but does anyone out there have a spare No4 section for the Daiwa SR1? The No4 on mine, although not broke, feels a bit 'spongy' so I think it's just a matter of time. Must be able to post. Tried Billy Clarke's but no joy.
Thanks.

Super Rocket

Site Supporter
Daiwa offer a generic No 4 section, which fits most of its UK made poles, retail about £80.00, I have one on my Connoisseur and can tell little difference from original section.
Ready available from Angling Direct or Bobco

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Will give them both a ring later. Thanks. :upthumb:
On second thoughts, I might leave it till Saturday and take the No5 to Bobco, I want to make sure it fits.

Just been on Bobco site...all out of stock.

Last edited:

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Might be wrong but I think any map number 4 from the same era might fit to

ukzero1

Site Supporter
That was something else I was thinking of, will any others fit. But I don't want to be getting sections to find that they don't. I would prefer to get it right first time. The local tackle shop has some spare pole sections and none of those fit.

2ts

Site Supporter
This is NOT compatible with your pole,but lets you know which others are not also,and may narrow the field for you.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
This is NOT compatible with your pole,but lets you know which others are not also,and may narrow the field for you.
I've already looked at that and on phoning they told me it wouldn't fit (not compatible). So, the hunt goes on.

2ts

Site Supporter
It says it will not fit SR ZR and XR poles,so is it possible a 4 from XR or ZR may fit your SR is what i was trying to convey with the link.Or just e mail Daiwa customer services and they should put you right.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
It says it will not fit SR ZR and XR poles,so is it possible a 4 from XR or ZR may fit your SR is what i was trying to convey with the link.Or just e mail Daiwa customer services and they should put you right.
Emailed them yesterday, waiting for reply. I'm also thinking that buying another SR1 (if one crops up) may be a better option. At least I'll have plenty of spares.

Reactions: 2ts

Albert H

Is it the sr1 11m or 13m?

The xr1 11m number 4 is made on the exact same mandrel & is what I used.

Albert H

It's the SR1 11 metre pole. I believe the 13 metre pole is the SR2.
I can 100% confirm that the XR1 11M pole number 4 fits that.

I bought mine from Fishing Spares (Billy Clarke).

I was struggling to find a SR1 number 4, but when I phoned Billy Clarke's he told me this information.

All XR1 sections are compatible including the top kits.

Edit; The 13m version of the SR1 & XR1 is called "plus".

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@Albert H

Received this email from Billy Clarkes...

Billy Clarke Fishing Tackle
09:59 (5 hours ago)
to me

Hi, unfortunately the SR1 no 4 sections are no longer available, the TDXR1 no 4 will fit the sr1 but these are also now discontinued and i do not currently know of any other pole which will interchange.
Sorry i cannot be of more help.

On 11/09/2019 08:24, Billy Clarke Fishing Tackle

So, the search continues yet again.

Albert H

That's a bummer, but at least he confirmed what I said.

I bought my XR1 number 4 from there about 3 months ago, so he must've only recently sold out.

One shop who seems to stock a load of random pole sections is based in Birmingham, but I forget its name.

I'll try to remember the name of the shop & get back to you mate.

Albert H

Just remembered, it's Fisherman's Friend

I phoned this guy several Months ago looking for some sections for an old DAM & Browning Pole that I couldn't source anywhere, but this guy bent over backwards to help finding me the right sections.

There's nothing listed on his website for SR1/XR1 sections, but it's definitely worth giving him a call mate.