Some people

Sportsman

My daughter was walking around the village in Spain, where she lives and came across an injured cat at the side of the road. It had obviously been hit by a car, the side of its face was mangled, the jaw hanging down and its eye had come out of its socket, but it was still alive.
While she was looking to see what she could do a British woman came out of a nearby house and said "My husband found that yesterday afternoon, we wondered if it was going to die"
Jo carried it home, put it in her car and took it to the vet, where it was put to sleep immediately.
How can you see something like that and do nothing?, the poor little thing lay there all night. Makes my blood boil :mad::mad:

frankg

Site Supporter
My daughter was walking around the village in Spain, where she lives and came across an injured cat at the side of the road. It had obviously been hit by a car, the side of its face was mangled, the jaw hanging down and its eye had come out of its socket, but it was still alive.
While she was looking to see what she could do a British woman came out of a nearby house and said "My husband found that yesterday afternoon, we wondered if it was going to die"
Jo carried it home, put it in her car and took it to the vet, where it was put to sleep immediately.
How can you see something like that and do nothing?, the poor little thing lay there all night. Makes my blood boil :mad::mad:
Maybe your daughter should have taken that woman to the vet also and had her put down! :mad:

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Some people get far too much enjoyment at others misery, if that had have been me I’d have asked to speak to her husband and had all in not to mangle his face 😡😡

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
myself, I would of probaly done what I have had to do to various badgers, foxes, pheasants, rabbits found lying by the side of the road in the past

and either wrung its neck or given it a tap with the hammer

SeanB

Our cat was hit by a car and just left in the road a few weeks ago, we live just off a long straight road where the speed limit changes from 60 to 30 but it gets used like a race track. We understand that cats will run out in front of cars but it was the fact she was just left there that was most upsetting. But two other people stopped to check and move her out of the road then came knocking on doors to find her owner.
Some people are self centred selfish and care about nothing but themselves then there are others, like the lady above, who represent the best that we can be.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sportsman

So would I Mick, but couldn't expect my daughter to do that. It was the "leave it up to someone else" attitude that hacked me off.

frankg

Site Supporter
myself, I would of probaly done what I have had to do to various badgers, foxes, pheasants, rabbits found lying by the side of the road in the past

and either wrung its neck or given it a tap with the hammer
That's a kindness in those circumstances Mick (y)

baboboy

Site Supporter
Our cat was hit by a car and just left in the road a few weeks ago, we live just off a long straight road where the speed limit changes from 60 to 30 but it gets used like a race track. We understand that cats will run out in front of cars but it was the fact she was just left there that was most upsetting. But two other people stopped to check and move her out of the road then came knocking on doors to find her owner.
Some people are self centred selfish and care about nothing but themselves then there are others, like the lady above, who represent the best that we can be.
Aww so sorry to here about your Cat she looked a proper character. We witnessed a cat that ran out in front of the car we were following a few years ago the driver would of been oblivious. We stopped and Sarah picked the cat up and the poor thing died in her arms. We spent 10 minutes or so knocking on doors at 6:45am to find the owner it staggered us how people just didn't care only in person said I think I know who it might have belonged to and took the cat of us. It was a horrible start to the day and still haunts me. Poor thing.

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Account Locked
I'd hate anything to happen to Lemmy the kitten... so I am keeping him as a house cat like my last one and she lived to 19 years!!!

I live in a block that's surrounded by 4 busy roads...Outside Cats around here don't live very long!!!

lemmy pc re size.jpg

Last edited:

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
We are lucky in the fact that the nearest road is not very busy. I will be taking the dog for a walk over the road and round the local park and our cat will follow us as she does every morning and evening.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Few year back,

I was driving the Transit down Capel street, a one track lane connecting folkestone to dover

come round a corner and this moggy came out the bushes and just stopped, I see on its face it knew that it knew it was dead, theres was no time to brake, and a 35cwt truck wasnt taking prisoners

stopped and went back to see, picked it up and it just blew its last breath in my arms

well there was only one house anywhere near the spot, so I took it up there, (cant abide people who kill owt and leave it in the road to get flattened)

Knocked the door for no answer, so i put the cat under a tree in the front garden and left

happening bye at the same time the next day, I pulled over to the house and went to explain what had occured

door was answered this time by the wife of the house and I started to tell the tale

she replied that they had seen the cat when they got back and had assumed it was asleep, until later when they went to check on it

I apologised profusely, but was relieved she was more grateful that I had picked her pet up and tooken it home, than she was angry i killed it in the first place

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I remember when I was a lad the local bobby knocking on our door and asking for my brother ( not an unusual occurance I might say ),he said "Derek,get your gun there's been a dog run over and it needs putting out of its misery", my brother replies " I haven't got a gun",what he should have said was I've got a gun but not got a licence for it,Bobby Brown says"stop messing about and get the gun" which he did,they went and put the dog out of its misery and nothing more was said about the gun.Different days when the local village bobby knew everyone and just about everything about them.