Solar Powered Outdoor Security Light.

Arfer Mo

Site Supporter
We are looking to put up two Solar Powered Security Lights covering a piece of open ground that has had problems with vandalism with probably only trees to fix to.
Has anyone got any recommendation as to the type and costs we should consider.
Many thanks in anticipation.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
We have some of these set up in the back garden (mostly to alert us when the badgers turn up).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Security-Mpow-Waterproof-Intelligient-Driveway/dp/B016XYU7A4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1537349626&sr=8-5&keywords=solar+pir+led+security+light

They work fine - good strong light, good detection and a doddle to fit.

But, you need to be careful on mounting (so they get a bit of light) and we aware that you don't have the ability to set the delay for the light - it's ten seconds and that's it.

Chervil

Site Supporter
We are looking to put up two Solar Powered Security Lights covering a piece of open ground that has had problems with vandalism with probably only trees to fix to.
Arfer,
We wanted something for the side of our house and I bought two of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079GJJ8CV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They were cheap enough to get to experiment with. However for what I wanted them for they are brilliant (see what I did there?)

They stay on for a minute or two and I haven't yet gone out and they haven't come on. They don't light it up like an escape from Colditz, so not sure if they are what you are after. They fit with just one screw, which they hook onto like a wall clock, so I have put another screw above them, which hopefully would stop someone knocking them off.

IMG_20180919_172647112.jpgIMG_20180919_192507845.jpgIMG_20180919_192456700.jpg

paulstep

Site Supporter
Thanks for the recommendations chaps.
I bought one of the Mpow 40 LED ones for down the side of the barn.

Bloody brilliant!

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Yes some tyke will nick them.

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Account Locked
If your gonna go down the CCTV route then I'd advise you stay away from Chinese rubbish!!!

They are cheap because they are rubbish!!!

My set-up is recording 24/7/365 and caught a neighbours mate vandalising my back door last month....

Posted the video on FB for friends only I was soon given an address and I really hope he enjoyed trying to operate his houses locks after I had filled them in with super glue!!! :D

I even considered wiping dog muck on his cars door handles!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wise Owl The Club House 3
tee.bee The Club House 4
H The Club House 14
H The Club House 20
Dave The Club House 36