Small mindedness.....makes me sick!!

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
We have a postie who is an absolute diamond, if we are not in he will call back at the end of his round or ask the neighbour to take it or hide it somewhere etc etc......

The village church holds a coffee morning once a week or so and the postie often drops in for a cuppa and a quick chat, although I don't attend these events I read in the village news letter that some people had complained that the postie was having cups of tea/coffe whilst he should be working.

What the hell has it got to do with them, as long as he is doing his job and everyone is getting their mail what is the problem:mad:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Miserable baggers

lp1886

Site Supporter
Out of curiosity were those moaning over 70?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Wait till corbyn gets in. He be sitting down for a 3 course meal
Free of course

frankg

Site Supporter
A postie mate of mind was on his delivery and one of his customers expressed indignation that he had (could afford) a car....because according to him... 'he paid his wages and was paying for that car' !!!!!......prick!!!!

Nicky Dodds

A little detective work, find the complainants, create a blacklist. Next time they have parcels delivered give them 10 seconds then slip them the 'you're off to the post office note'.
"Sorry luv its back in the van now it's more than me jobs worth!"

Fishy Medic

Site Supporter
I recall the same being said about ambulance crews in the media. Would be just if these people were branded/shamed in some way. Miserable gits.

Chervil

Site Supporter
When I policed a ward, with a large council estate on it, even though I would be walking around the estate for a couple of hours a day, the head of the residents committee, mentioned to my boss that she "never saw Chris". This meant that I knocked on her door every time I was up there, went in and had a cup of tea and a chat for an hour. The report filtered down that she was now happy. Of course it meant that half my time on the estate was now spent sitting in her lounge and not doing my job. But everyone was happy.

On the postie side, we always say hello to our postie and he will give us a wave if we are driving past him. We are on first name terms and he always gets chocolates and biscuits at Christmas. Funnily enough we never have any problems with deliveries.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Maybe the church is full of these people...........
remind you of anyone Dave......:eek:

vic_2495011b.jpg

Total

Site Supporter
This is our post man Trevor. on Wednesday. 72 years old and nothing stops him delivering the mail. He’s ace. A right laugh. Here he is delivering a landing net top from Bobco bless him. 72 and clambering over a locked gate. What a guy.
Thought about getting him a cat flap Mick for Xmas? :unsure: :ROFLMAO::giggle:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thought about getting him a cat flap Mick for Xmas? :unsure: :ROFLMAO::giggle:
I spoke to him yesterday and he told me about clambering over the driveway gate. Apparently he went back over the paddock gate. Ill scroll the cameras, see if I can find him going back. Hes a right guy. When he finally retires Ill certainly miss him. A cat flap Mark ? Hes a Ninja postie mate. 😆😆😆👍