slider floats

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy clark

whats your favourite slider float,semi loaded i prefer....when i sold all my match gear a couple of years a go all my sliders went,i bought them when out in ireland and cant remember what make or what they looked like......looking to stock up on a few sliders so whats your chosen float???
i ve just bought a couple of drake ones from benwicks but like to have a selection...
any help is much appreciated

andy

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
Sensas make some good sliders. Also Drennan insert wagglers are good as long as you don't try to fish too far out.

Last edited:

Ethics Man

Not sure why you need dedicated sliders...? As long as the float takes a reasonable amount of shot then pretty much any type will do the job.

andy clark

i like dedicated sliders as most of my bream fishing is 25-35 yds so a part loaded float is essential to help the float keep up with the bulk when casting,therefore less tangles....if its under my rod tip then i might aswell use a pole...thats the way i see it anyway.

ben1849

dick clegg's semi loaded sliders are all i use [:t]

http://internettackleshop.co.uk/prod5.asp?prod_id=1267&id=265&grpid=1267&msg=&offset=#prod_anchor

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
http://www.ian-heaps.com/buy-ian-heaps-floats

greentura

Greenie
Cralluso Zero, not cheap but the best sliders on the market bar none. They have no loading due to the design of the line block which leaves all the weight down the line to get the bait down quicker. Best bream slider I have used, including the ones I make myself[:T]

Minno

The Perfect sliders (available from Benwicks) are the best I've used.

Ewan

Status
Not open for further replies.