sick of blanking :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

rorog56

Last 10 fishing trips has resulted in 1 fish [xx(][:(] What am I doing wrong[:H]
Rory

markomark

We need to know what you are doing first Rory...
There aren't many people who bag up at this time of year though so don't be too hard on yourself

hempy

Alan
This time of the year its about finding the right venue,method and bait and sticking to it rather than going some where you want to catch fish[;)]

kevb

was 'bigkevb'
also you could be trying for the wrong species , normally at this time of year i just go for the roach or after a big perch [:)][:)] and if a rogue carp takes my bait then happy days [:)][:)][:)]

rooster

Originally posted by rorog56

Last 10 fishing trips has resulted in 1 fish [xx(][:(] What am I doing wrong[:H]
Rory
Thats Tom Jones for a carper mate[:D]

alcockmat

Originally posted by markomark

We need to know what you are doing first Rory...
There aren't many people who bag up at this time of year though so don't be too hard on yourself

some do though.........[:p]

As has been mentioned above mate, ask about in the tackleshops about where is fishing and use the baits and tactics that have been working.

I had a bad start to the year also, but after speaking to a fellow MDer "nutmeg" he was kind enough to take me to somewhere he knew was fishing and we both had a great day.

im sure there are a few MDer near to you who can impart some local knowledge and give your yeara bit of a kick start.

other than that, my advice would be. local comercial, streight lead, with corn or maggot on the hook. zero or very little loosefeed should get you a few bites.

hope this helps

Matt

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
Started having the same thoughts here mate..... Asolutely cant stress this enough, ready:
KEEP IT SIMPLE AND LIGHT!

Forget pellets and go for maggots....

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Think in terms of Maggot, pinkie, squatt. On the canal liquidised bread. Last week on the canal I had to feed bread for two hours before I got a roach.

Also on the canal I am using 0.06 line and 24 hook as standard this time of the year.

bluebaitbox

"Last 10 fishing trips has resulted in 1 fish What am I doing wrong"

Whatever you're doing wrong.......You're very good at it![:D][:D][:T]

jona

Even better then me..[:D][:D]
Originally posted by bluebaitbox

"Last 10 fishing trips has resulted in 1 fish What am I doing wrong"

Whatever you're doing wrong.......You're very good at it![:D][:D][:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.