Shimano Technium 1250 top kit query

Albert H

I just picked one of these up, however, there aren't any top kits provided.

Does anyone know the model number of the original top kits, or failing that, please tell me which top kits are compatible?

fishingmad123

Regular Dude
Site Supporter
last time i looked i couldnt find any for sale anywhere ,drennans universal power kits fit fine though ,
the shimano ones come up on ebay every so often but they allways want silly prices for them .i dont have the pole anymore so cant give you the number sorry

stephanie

I have just done some universal topkits to go on this exact pole for a friend from ebay they where Oakwood top kits with side pullers
they do ready elasticated version too but I would suggest you buy the bare bones set just buy a top bush and your preferred elastic as the elastic supplied is not good

I have the same pole and been looking for spare top 3 for silver's. Do the Oakwood kits need much trimming to fit as a bit confùsed as they state 21mm ID but the end of my no4 is somewhat smaller than this?

stephanie

on the side puller kits I had to take about 400mm off then but they have 600mm of reinforced section for cutting back and then just get a bush for the end to fit I think it was Drennan bull nose number 5 I fitted to them