Sold SHIMANO RARENIUM CI4 3000 FD X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadie1

fisherman
Site Supporter
As above a pair of rareniums in superb condition with little use come with boxes,pouches.washers and unused spare spools these are lovely smooth float reels price £240 for collection (bham) or can post at your cost

DFL

Are you sure they are FD’s? I’m only aware of the FA and FB models.

DFL

To my knowledge there have only been two Rarenium models which are both now discontinued and replaced with the current Stradic range.. Both Rareniums are front drag, the FA came out first, followed by the FB. For a sale of £240 a potential buyer might want to know which model you have.👍

grey

Site Supporter
Top reels. Replaced by the Rarenium FB for only a short time before being replaced by the Stradic FK.

Second hand the FA is the better reel as it has a spare spool and is probably the last of the great reels Shimano developed especially for UK style fishing.

DFL

Also worth mentioning, the 3000 is the same size as the 2500 but has shallow spools.

grey

Site Supporter
The FA is not a well known reel amongst the UK commercial style anglers it was actually aimed for - Shimano had a change of direction just after it was release, so couldn't be bothered promoting it - no idea why they released the FB version as they forgot to promote that too!

As a result few people are actually aware of the Rarenium or how good it is.

As I said, the FB is virtually the same as the FA, just updated cosmetics (to appeal to the lure market I think) but sold without a spare spool, so not as good value.

broadie1

fisherman
Site Supporter
The FA is not a well known reel amongst the UK commercial style anglers it was actually aimed for - Shimano had a change of direction just after it was release, so couldn't be bothered promoting it - no idea why they released the FB version as they forgot to promote that too!

As a result few people are actually aware of the Rarenium or how good it is.

As I said, the FB is virtually the same as the FA, just updated cosmetics (to appeal to the lure market I think) but sold without a spare spool, so not as good value.
I’ve put that price as there’s not much to go on my mate just paid £120 for one in similar condition these were not cheap when I bought them they are lovely smooth nd light

grey

Site Supporter
They're worth what someone wants to pay. If they've had light use, then seems fair.

I know they fetch good money as they're are quite sort after by those in the know - compared to the 2508 TDR, they've got cold forged gears so will last far longer, much smoother than Daiwa, and it's a third lighter (200 compared to 300g).

They're so light, they even balance the likes of Drennan 11 and 12ft Acolite Ultras and Ultralights.

broadie1

fisherman
Site Supporter
Can’t believe these haven’t gone final reduction to £220 includes postage before I put on eBay

DFL

Can’t believe these haven’t gone final reduction to £220 includes postage before I put on eBay
You appear to be pitching this sale to those well versed with the Rarenium model, no spec details, no photos, no mention of the model version in the title, i.e. the FA earlier version.

If you look at sales on Ebay and current sales on Facebook you will see that you are asking the premium price, that’s all fine, maybe you should appeal to a wider audience with photos etc you may have more luck.👍

broadie1

fisherman
Site Supporter
I am pitching this to people who know about rareniums why would someone want to pay over a hundred pound for a reel they don’t know about if they want pictures they have only got to message me

Status
Not open for further replies.