Shimano beastmaster 4m vs middy white knuckle 6m

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2ssm

Hi. I'm looking for a cheap Pole to try out. I have found these two and would like to know which one is the best to buy. beastmaster can be had for 30 and white knuckle at 40 the white knuckle is pre elasticated but I don't think the beastmaster is.

The venue is about 12 metres to island so can get half way with white knuckle. But shimano looks like stronger margin pole for bigger lumps.

Please advise.

tedstriker

i have the 8m white knuckle and it is a strong pole so i will assume the 6m is going to be just as strong, plus the top kits are about 25quid

a2ssm

I've read a review which mentioned 6m pole a bit heavy at full length?

Is a topkit just elastic? Sorry I don't know much about pole fishing.

a2ssm

In description 8-10 hiviz elastic and 20+ carp strong elastic.

Is the 20+ ideal for carp ranging from 3-10lb or is it too strong?

How about 8-10 one?

Ideally I don't want to spend any extra as I'm a rod and line man.

Thanks

tedstriker

the 8m version i think weights about 650g when fully assembled, its not that heavy really at the length considering, the 8-10 elastic i have used for carp to around 7lb whilst the 18-20 is pretty hefty and was mainly used in the margin, but i swapped it out for a 14-16 elastic as it was overkill for the waters i fished

the top kit is the top 2 sections of the pole that get elasticated

a2ssm

Thanks. I think white knuckle is better as I have extra length as well as 2 topkit ready elasticated. I stated 20+ but it's 18+.

Gonna give it a shot. Thanks.

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
I can vouch for the 4m Beastmaster being strong. Got one this summer and was taming low double figure carp with ease!

a2ssm

I have the white knuckle feels like a good kit.

There are 2 topkits. In one we have yellow which is one single topkit. The other stronger one goes through 2 pieces and there is a Greystick at end of second piece. What is that for and is yellow one fine in one piece?

Do I connect rig on end with loop? And is rig madeadbait from about 6ft of line so you can vary depth?

Thanks

Last edited:

tedstriker

the grey stick is the tool for removing the bung in the kit, twist it a few times and it should pull out, if you pull it down you should find the bung comes out with it

a2ssm

Would I leave the stick in topkit if I wanted to use that elastic in pole? Sorry total noob with pole. Also what's max mainline strength for 8-10 and 18 + elastic.

Last edited:

tedstriker

no you need to the leave the tool in, its only for pulling the bung out if you need to re-elasticate it

I have used 6lb mainline on 8-10 and on the heavier elastic, i don't have a need to go higher than 6lb for my fishing, the heavier stuff you could probably get away with 10lb mainline

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.