Shed security

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibaykiddinyo

Richie
Hi all,
Neighbours had there shed broke into the other night and now it's got me thinking [:(!]

Cheeky sods broke in filled he's wheelie bin and done one (doesn't help he leaves the garden gate unlocked)

I have a cast concrete shed with steel door and three point lock but was thinking every lite helps so can anyone recommend a quality shed alarm? The type you don't find in pound land [:p]

Thanks

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
If it's close enough to the house, can you link it into your house alarm (assuming you have one) just create another zone?

banksitter

Stewpot.
Site Supporter
I fitted one of those blank firing devices to my shed. The only person it has caught is me, when I forgot to slip my hand through the chink in the door and release the trip cord.

Chris1Richo

Richo
Site Supporter
Originally posted by banksitter

I fitted one of those blank firing devices to my shed. The only person it has caught is me, when I forgot to slip my hand through the chink in the door and release the trip cord.
[:D]

floyd

man of rage
my mate used to hang strings of light line and barbed hooks in the doorway, ouch

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Search ultimate handyman shed security in YouTube

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
set on the floor fixed to the door so when they open it it goes off...or set it at around head height..when "activated" it "slightly" damages their eardrums and makes their head rattle!

http://www.williampowell.com/Shooting--Dogs/Game-Bags--Accessories/Poacher-Alarm_MA101.htm

blue orfe

By coincidence I had this newsletter email from Thames Valley Police today about shed security options;

Shed security Shed Alarms - One Low cost effect solution is a PIR Shed alarms. These could be used within the shed space; the alarm is a battery operated Passive Infrared (PIR) alarms which sound an 110dB siren when movement within the space is detected. The aim of the alarm is to repel the offender whilst alerting the property owner. They are easy to install you literally hook them on to a suitable wall and switch them on. Key pad operated to disarm the alarm. Manufacturers and suppliers of these alarms can be found by searching the internet for PIR Shed alarms.
You can also get a PIR shed alarm which has a keyring RF key fob, which makes it easy and quick to arm and disarm your alarm. It has an even more powerful 130dB siren along with an entry/exit delay.
One supplier I have used in the past for both of these products is http://www.redlinesecurity.co.uk/
However these products can be purchased at all good DIY shops.

crumpercatcher

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2964

Another cheap alarm system is a couple of pull pin type personal attack alarms attached to the wall. Have some fishing line and snap links to loop them to your seatbox, holdall and net bag. Putting the seatbox, holdall and net bag in front of the alarms to stop a potential thief from seeing them. They pick your gear up, try to remove it and the fishing line pulls the pins out of the alarms and hundreds of decibels start wailing.

david white

Site Supporter
Word of warning folks, if an alarm causes offence to your neighbours either by repeatedly false alarming or continuously sounding for more than 20 minutes, 15 on a recent installation, the owner of the alarm can be summons for noise pollution with a fine upto 3000 pounds

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by david white

Word of warning folks, if an alarm causes offence to your neighbours either by repeatedly false alarming or continuously sounding for more than 20 minutes, 15 on a recent installation, the owner of the alarm can be summons for noise pollution with a fine upto 3000 pounds

You wouldn't have that problem with the "alarm" i posted the link to [}:)]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by kevin o connor

Yeah, but would you really use blanks ?????[:D]

Sand, grit or even sawdust can give them a nasty shock if it's packed right [}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.