Shed Roof - would you be happy with this?

JayBee

Site Supporter
Info here.......and how the finished job is supposed to look.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Depends on what he paid for it. Although it does look superior to most sheds.
Yes, the shed itself is what my Dad would have described as " a grand lartle 'ut".

Grand.jpg

19mm barrel board sides, 25mm floor, security bolted hinges and lock etc. Solid as a rock.
It needs to be, I can see myself living in there.
It will be insulated, lined with plywood. (and painted pastel green - her bit!)
It cost about £1100, with an extra £300 for that roof, that's why we are unhappy!

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I'm available Monday mate, only charge you mates rates... £100 an hour plus travelling costs plus lodgings, plus food and 20% of any refunds :D
Sorry mate, reasonable rates, my missus costs me more than that, but I reckon she would have 'em weeping in minutes.
She does with me. :oops:;)

I've been told by a couple of tradesman that they'd much rather deal with a disgruntled husband than a discontented wife.
Is that right? :ROFLMAO:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I've got a missus like that... she's frighteningly cold and logical in an argument.... and bloody fierce with it

snappyfish

I presume they glued it down? You need sun and temps above 6 degrees for 24hrs for EDPM.

To make you feel better I had complete jerks build my summer house. £2995 for cabin, 1k build, 1k for concrete. Thing leaks like 25 year old bivvy.

Mainly down the corners, Im going to clad it myself. There really is some *ankers out there doing building work.

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
Apart from the roof it looks a better quality shed than most.
And as such deserves a quality roof. That is like buying a Sphere pole and using Avanti universal top kits with it.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Is this quality shed going to be a 'Man-Shed' or workshop or something else?
Just wondering. :) :waving:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
One of the fitters has left his Preston ripple bar under that butyle. 😆. No, get them back. Needs sorting. Other than that it looks a nice shed. Get an alarm on it. 👍

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Nice shed would like to have seen some galvinised hinges on though. Good luck getting the roof sorted.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Is this quality shed going to be a 'Man-Shed' or workshop or something else?
Just wondering. :) :waving:
It will be a battleground between a potting shed / summer gin palace and a man cave. We shall see.
:)

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
To finish this sorry tale, the owner of the fitting company came today.
He tutted, took the whole EPDM rubber roof covering off, glued the shed roof, left it 40 minutes to go tacky, relaid the rubber, using a big rollers and heat gun. then screwed on the end boards and finials, and then rolled it again. Then took photographs.

It took him 3 1/2 hours, twice as long as his fitters spent on the whole shed assembly.

He didn’t say so much, but I gather his fitters are to receive "retraining".
Or in old money, a boot up the arse!
And "lessons will be learned".

It's a bit better, to say the least.

Before.JPG

:oops:;)
After.jpg

I'm now just hoping that I can be rid of this persistent earache I've had since the shed was erected. :oops: ;)

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
Great result mate, and fair play to the gaffer; I hope he ripped his lads a new one(y)(y)

62tucker

Site Supporter
I would still put some quality oil based stain on the wood. When it warms up. And re stain it every year.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
When I had my man cave built I had a sheet roof with decent quality felt then covered with `onduline`.

Banksy, my shed is better than yours :p

Method Man

I am a retired professional and no you should not have wrinkles, don’t pay them until they rectify it, keep your hand on ya cash 😜