Sexist post ?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Does anyone else feel like me, and think the Womans world cup is a total turn off

thank god the Afcon cup has started

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It's one game I don't have time for, but it would be nice to see them exchange shirts at the end of a game. :giggle:

Last edited:

richc

I thought it was just me, it's bloody awful ! The BBC have obviously paid a load of money for the rights and we're now being made to suffer.

Reactions: PAB

nejohn

Doesn't do a lot for me, seems to lack the pace and power of the mens game, everything is much more predictable add that to a normal size goal and a 5'2" goalkeeper and it just doesn't look right. Not being sexist but I think slightly smaller pitches and smaller goals would help as generally woman are smaller and less powerful than men.....yes I know there are exceptions

DFL

I haven’t seen all the games but some of those I have watched were entertaining and very competitive, not something I could say about some of the matches played in the PL. the skill levels are rising all the time.

Far less cheating and unsporting behaviour, that was until Cameroon last night!

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Haven’t looked at one game, not interested in the slightest.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Not a footie lover, but I'd rather watch the womens game than the men's... less dissent less really dirty fouls and less gamesmanship... that said I caught the germans starting the "rolling about on the deck" after breaking a nail t'other day

PRAC

The go getter Entrepreneur
Site Supporter
Actually I think the womens' games are better. More attacking football, fewer fouls; and a lot less rolling about in agony.
Of course they roll around less they give birth suffer periods and don't catch man flu!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I detest football that's no secret, but when you see the girls carry on playing when they get injured like the Scottish lass who had her shoulder dislocated and wanted to carry on because "she didn't need her arms to play" and then you see the overpaid primadonnas like this fool

The worst part of it is, there are people out there who actually pay to go and watch these idiots...worship them as if they are gods amongst men, pay stupid prices for "replica strip" and even call some of them "heroes" !!!

wardwa

Brilliant - far superior - less fouls , less play acting - they could teach the men a lesson or two - you can't expect it to be like mens football - appreciate it for what it is - ladies football is getting more popular in this country - all the big clubs now have teams - watched Villa/Leicester ladies at Villa Park and thought the pitch was to big for them

Scribe

Site Supporter
Blimey @Trogg I couldn't have said it better myself. If I was in charge at FIFA I would make it a rule that any footballer suspected of rolling round on the floor like a big Jessie, was made to play 5 games of rugby, they wouldn't do it again. If they rolled round on the floor on a rugby pitch, like they do in football, the opposition players would think 'Oooh look fresh meat' and give them what was known as a good shooing, leaving a set of stud tattoos.

GeoffW

Site Supporter
Oh yes I watch women's world cup. The standard is improving.
If I choose not to watch it, there's plenty of other rubbish to select from😉

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
If I was in charge at FIFA I would make it a rule that any footballer suspected of rolling round on the floor like a big Jessie, was made to play 5 games of rugby
Damn right mate, make the weakwillies go and play rugby against lasses like this one from the Rhinos, stamped on the face leaving her with a black eye, and broken nose but she still scored two tries... then watch them try and explain why they whimped out against "girls" .... then again as always you'll get the football fans crying how it's a different game blah blah and the boys were going easy on the girls...yeah right!

PRAC

The go getter Entrepreneur
Site Supporter
Are you female?
World is your oyster Dave! People can be whatever they want now at least that's what they teach in schools. Non binary, gender fluid means you can identify as a tree if the mood takes you. They wonder why children's mental health is on the rise.

Warden

Site Supporter
I have actually enjoyed quite a few of the games shown, was a time when I could not watch them as the average Sunday league pub team would have beat them but the game has come on in leaps and bounds both tactically and ability wise, given a choice of some of the other rubbish that is shown on TV daily its a no brainer good luck to them.

richc

I suppose it could be worse, we're about to reach that time of year when we get Tennis on both BBC channels - And they're planning to make pensioners pay to watch this rubbish :eek:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Fishing Talk 0
D The Club House 25
N The Club House 64
N The Club House 9
B The Corner Peg 0