Sexism

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
I was listening to Jeremy Vine on radio 2 yesterday. They were talking about the fact that more and more people are choosing not to have a spouse/partner, preferring the single lifestyle. He had a woman on the show who proceeded to tell us that men found it harder to adapt to a single life as they had no idea about multi tasking, running a household, budgeting etc etc.

Over the last few years there have been numerous TV adverts which portray men as 'bumbling, inept buffoons who get patronising looks from their wives if they attempt to do any household chores, DIY etc. This, in itself, does not bother me but the principal does not sit well because if it were done the other way round, the women's rights camapaigners would be up in arms.

PRAC

The go getter Entrepreneur
Site Supporter
Educating a beautiful woman is like pouring honey into a fine Swiss watch, everything stops.

bezzer

Site Supporter
The media are so 2 faced. The BBC being probably the worst of the lot.

This morning on BBC Breakfast, the finance presenter, Victoria Feltz was talking about M&S sacking their head of fashion. She then showed some pictures of Holly Willougby who apparantly has a 'collection' there. Anyway, after the piece she then started gushing about how gorgeous and pretty she was.
Can you imagine a bloke saying that about her? He'd have been handed his P45 as he left the studio!

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
When our Gert Learns how to run a plastering job and gets the trowel moving I will learn how the washer, Drier, hoover etc works 👍 until then we will stay happy as we are.

nejohn

Last year I spent about 3 months working in one of our production areas, I was only one of 2 men that worked in that area along side about 20 women, if I had behaved towards the woman the way they behaved towards me or made the comments they made about me to them there is absolutely no doubting that I would have been collecting my P45, but hey the only group of people that are imune to racist or sexist comments are white male christians

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
I'm not sexist but me and Gert's relationship is a bit old fashioned.

It works for us though, and the roles we play can be comical and we often banter about it, yet we [very] rarely fall out.

As for men not being able to multi-task - Polar opposite in our house :ROFLMAO:

Zerkalo

Last year I spent about 3 months working in one of our production areas, I was only one of 2 men that worked in that area along side about 20 women, if I had behaved towards the woman the way they behaved towards me or made the comments they made about me to them there is absolutely no doubting that I would have been collecting my P45, but hey the only group of people that are imune to racist or sexist comments are white male christians
This is why I refuse to work in an office. I have a job where I work on my own now and couldn't be happier with it.

Dusty Rhodes

I remember when I started a job when I was 19 I was stood serving a customer, as I was stood there one of the older women kneeled down next to me and ran her hands very deliberately up my thigh as a joke. I took it in good spirit and laughed it off, doesn’t bother me in the slightest.
Looking back though, if this was the other way round I would have had the book thrown at me.

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
The first job interview I ever had was driving an electric cart round a womens sewing factory, delivering unfinished garments, material etc to their work stations. They took me a tour of the factory and I realised that I would be the only male amongst around 200 women. At 15 years old, the looks they were giving me dislodged a turd and I legged it, I often think what it may have been like if I'd had a bit more bottle.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
What do you mean?..men can't multitask? of course we can...
Laying on the sofa with a beer in one hand and the remote in the other...yes, we can multitask (but don't tell the wifey I said so). :D

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Women cant be doing that bad on it, they tend to outlive us lot. I'm with Wise Owl on this one. When my misses comes onto a job in the depths of winter, maybe laying new cables across a field etc then yea, I'll start pushing the buttons on the washing machine.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
From an early age both my prents worked so as the oldest, I babysat, did housework and learned to cook... now as a retired bloke in me 60's I once again have those duties (well not the baby sitting.... never had kids) but a bit o hoisework has never bothered me as for multitasking why can't women have sex and a headache at the same time

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
From an early age both my prents worked so as the oldest, I babysat, did housework and learned to cook... now as a retired bloke in me 60's I once again have those duties (well not the baby sitting.... never had kids) but a bit o hoisework has never bothered me as for multitasking why can't women have sex and a headache at the same time
especially when it's not necessarily their head that you are interested in:p

Blanks

Site Supporter
When I left school the first job I had was on a production line, being the only male with thirty women of all ages was an education. My god did they take the P***, but it was a good laugh.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
One thing i'll give my mrs, she always laugh when someone says "men can't multitask", she tells them about the time i had a mini and a type 1 vw (beetle) pulled up toi each other, i was working on both engines at the same time switching from one to the other as the oils etc drained out and i could swap the filters and spark plugs/leads etc!

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
Think the problem is women think they are the best at multitasking because most men won't tel them there not.
Imagine telling the misses your useless, life would be worth living. Men just tend to agree, it's just the safest way.😊

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The Club House 24
N The Club House 12
L The Club House 12