Severn

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Cheers again. Was going to go tomorrow and fish a peg up that end again but work commitments have came up so hopefully Friday now. (y)

pellet

Well done zercalo, a bit of info always helps and you put it to good use. Well done to northants for putting you in the right area and in the summer you will be in disco land.

Curlew

Site Supporter
Temps dropping slightly this week so I may swap from targeting barbel to zeds.

Curlew

Site Supporter
Temps dropping slightly this week so I may swap from targeting barbel to zeds.
Dead for me on the zander front yesterday. Very cold when the sun went in too. Highlight of the trip was a barn owl over the river at dusk.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Dead for me on the zander front yesterday. Very cold when the sun went in too. Highlight of the trip was a barn owl over the river at dusk.
Have you had much luck with Zander before? I've never caught one!

Curlew

Site Supporter
I've done a fair bit in the past, on the Severn, W Avon and Gloucester canal, but I haven't probably fished for them for 2 years or so. It's like everything I guess,....time or lack of it !

drw

Site Supporter
Bewdley 4:7 m and rising doesn’t look good for the near future ☹

carphauler

I'm off up Bewdley tomorrow as it looks like it's going above 5m again maybe above the 2000 record , I feel sorry for the people affected but it is a rare sight to see.

drw

Site Supporter
Good luck it would be great if you could post some pictures

Curlew

Site Supporter
The final day. Gaugemap shows at Kempsey the river is just over 5 metres up. A lad I know has been out the latter half of this week, and has had barbel as the river is a good temperature. But to be honest I can't be bothered, all that clinging mud ! Not the right attitude but there you are.This season we were washed off on the 16th of june, and the 14th of March.

Roll on tench !

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Well gents it won't be long now and looking forward to you all keeping this section of the forum ticking over again.
Severn is already looking very low and at Summer level today and with more warm weather and no rain forecast we could be looking at a bit of a struggle to start.
The fish have not seen much in the way of bait for nearly nine months now so who knows how they will respond but you regulars can guarantee and will know one thing - they will no doubt open one of the dams on the 15th :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Hoping to get down there on the 2nd 3rd and 4th July Keith that's if the pubs are open as we stay at the squirrel in Alveley as there is a small caravan site attached, if not we will have to make do with the Trent it's a tough old life ain't it lol. Love the Severn can't wait

Curlew

Site Supporter
Lots and lots of fry in the margins yesterday during a walk of my club stretch. Also a few perch after the fry !

bezzer

Site Supporter
I've splashed the cash and purchased a BAA book for this season (At £40 it's great value). I'm looking forward to trying some new venues when the season starts.
But looking at the levels, I think I'll wait until we've had some rain.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I walked Knowle Sands with my dad today. It has a car park which is a plus. Bit of a steep walk down to the first meadow but nothing not doable. Pegs in first meadow are a bit steep, wouldn’t fancy getting back up from them. Second meadow has a lot of bays to fish from and I must say I fancy it for Barbel. Quite a lot of pace on the water on this stretch. Likely to be one of my first destinations on the Severn this season.

2020-06-08 13.21.30.jpg