Seen any good films recently?

Zerkalo

He's been a naughty boy and never replies to messages recently anyway. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Zerkalo

The Killing (Kubrick) I hadn't seen till recently, glad I did as a noir fan. First 20 minutes are all boxing.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"my mate always tells me he's related to Christie... the serial killer on which it's based. "

That's funny because my good lady says I must be related to Christie the runner and it's not because I am fast and dark skinned ;);)

Zerkalo

LOL There's always Julie Christie too, been in a few good films.

Woody Allen, controversial now, I can watch some of his older films, seems he makes chick flicks now.

D

Deleted member 21081

Senna
Gascogne

Man on wire (insane documentary) and drama version of same story, name I forget.

Fantastic Mr Fox and all by Wes Craven, superb

Donnie Brasco
Serpico
Dog Day Afternoon
Superbad
Revenge of the Nerds
Police Academy
Walk the Line
5 Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri
The Insider
Taxi Driver
The Shining
Jaws
The Prestige
Gran Torino

Zerkalo

If you like the Shining, as I do, best horror film,.. Room 237 is a good documentary that analyses possible meanings of it in good detail.

Gascogne
Man on wire (insane documentary) and drama version of same story, name I forget.
Fantastic Mr Fox and all by Wes Craven, superb
Donnie Brasco
Superbad
Walk the Line
5 Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri
The Insider
Gran Torino
Not seen any of those.

D

Deleted member 21081

If you like the Shining, as I do, best horror film,.. Room 237 is a good documentary that analyses possible meanings of it in good detail.

Not seen any of those.
For real?

Zerkalo

The one's I have seen from the list are good! I feel like a top 20 films coming on...

Room 237 is a decent documentary though, goes through shot by shot the shining.

Zerkalo

Top 20

1) Sans Soleil
2) Apocalypse Now
3) The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
4) Aguirre, The Wrath of God
5) Eraserhead
6) Last Year At Marienbad
7) The Seven Samurai
8) Stalker
9) Vertigo
10) Metropolis
11) Butterfly
12) He Walked By Night
13) A Man Who Sleeps
14) Chungking Express
15) La Luna
16) Amarcord
17) Harold and Maude
18) A Man Escaped
19) Woman In The Dunes
20) Land Without Bread

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21081

Top 20

1) Sans Soleil
2) Apocalypse Now
3) The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
4) Aguirre, The Wrath of God
5) Erasherhead
6) Last Year At Marienbad
7) The Seven Samurai
8) Stalker
9) Vertigo
10) Metropolis
11) Butterfly
12) He Walked By Night
13) A Man Who Sleeps
14) Chungking Express
15) La Luna
16) Amarcord
17) Harold and Maude
18) A Man Escaped
19) Woman In The Dunes
20) Land Without Bread
I’ve seen none of them!

Zerkalo

They're random rubbish I've seen over several years. Missing off quite a few if I rethought it. Is why I say films are a bit like fishing, you have to keep searching untill you find the ones you like.

D

Deleted member 21081

I forgot but how could I?

Searching for Sugar Man.

As true stories go, docu film, that is incredible.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
The good the bad and the ugly is a classic. I like eraserhead and stalker but they are a bit more niche. I’ve never even heard of most of the others on the list.

Spadger123

Split... Is a superb movie, the acting from James Mcevoy is truly stunning.
From Early Doors to Hollywood, that lad can act, its a stunning movie.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is also worth a watch, always get your monies worth from the Cohen brothers.

Of the oldies... On the Waterfront still stands up today, Lee J Cobb at his very best with Brando.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
I don't watch modern films because the chance of seeing a good one is practically nil. The continuity is always appalling, and the cuts are done in such a way that the plots never make perfect sense - there's always a point when you realise that the director has shot a scene to explain something but that scene has been cut.

I'm willing to suspend belief, and I do occasionally start to watch a film. But when one shot is of someone with their hair over their shoulder and two seconds late it's hanging down in front of them, then two seconds late it's over their shoulder (a recent James Bond film) I give up. Frankly I think it's an insult to even ask me to watch it.

I was with family and had to watch the new Mama Mia thing last year - absolutely terrible. No subtitles in the cinema of course, and the sound quality was so bad I could hear hardly a single word that was said; and I heard only one recognisable Abba tune. I'd seriously rather watch paint dry. Nil Point!

Before that the last film I saw in it's entirety was The Chicken Run, ten years ago on a plane, and again last year on TV. Now that I understood and enjoyed.

D

Deleted member 21081

Split... Is a superb movie, the acting from James Mcevoy is truly stunning.
From Early Doors to Hollywood, that lad can act, its a stunning movie.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is also worth a watch, always get your monies worth from the Cohen brothers.

Of the oldies... On the Waterfront still stands up today, Lee J Cobb at his very best with Brando.
I love Early Doors.