Scholes leaves Oldham role

Lee Richards

Interesting to see if it's because his lad has gone off the rails again or he realises that it's not as easy as he thought it was when he was constantly savaging Jose.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
1 win in 7 probably realised he was a Useless Ginger Tossa ;)

Lee Richards

It appears the chairman is saying Scholes had the support he wanted and resigned by text.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
I know Scholes better than the chairman, so for the time being I believe Scholes would have had justifiable reasons, not like he was sacked because he wasn't good enough in the job-like Jose. Honest player, honest pundit, reserve judgement on the management bit. Had he been a player who was always giving it the big un and was a charley big spuds and loved the limelight, then may be not.

Lee Richards

Won his first game then three draws and three defeats.
Reports say he left as he didn't get the control he wanted, which the chairman disputes
Seems to me he realised just how hard it was and bailed before it got worse.

Scholes and Neville deserve respect for having a go but let's not forget they liked to dish it out as pundits.
Both found out how difficult being a manager can be and let's see if they have another go.
Paul Ince is another who can talk the job but is still after a decent start not done anything.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I reckon Beckham would manage well, if posh let him.