sad little people

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Scalper congratulations on your recent promotion :):) Bless you.

@stephanie coming from someone who would struggle to qualify for a MD fish in, :LOL: your to be admired for going for it, both the qualifier and more so for the transitioning. I find it so sad that your family disowned you. I have the view that the outer layer of a person is like the wrapper a chocolate bar comes in, the best bit is whats inside, As to the bully's ignore them, you have more bottle than the lot of them put together.

Good luck (y)

stephanie

@Scalper congratulations on your recent promotion :):) Bless you.

@stephanie coming from someone who would struggle to qualify for a MD fish in, :LOL: your to be admired for going for it, both the qualifier and more so for the transitioning. I find it so sad that your family disowned you. I have the view that the outer layer of a person is like the wrapper a chocolate bar comes in, the best bit is whats inside, As to the bully's ignore them, you have more bottle than the lot of them put together.

Good luck (y)
Thank you

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Yes, but you have already done that by starting the thread. If you didn't want it talked about, why start a thread?
Sometimes this forum can feel like a safe haven where you can share a hurt you have suffered and receive some support from non-judgemental people. Its a bit like an extended family. I know I have occasionally posted about something that has hurt me because to be honest at the time I had no one to turn to and be able to express myself and just rant. I left another non-fishing forum because I expressed my frustrations with the charity running it and received abuse from senior people within at charity. I would like to think MDs is a much more welcoming forum in which to express your feelings.

I know there will be thick skinned individuals who don't understand this concept. Those that would say "Just say F them and do your own thing". Well that isn't as easy for some as it is for others.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
My thinking of this thread is Steph started it to see the reaction from us as to her entering into fisho.

stephanie

My thinking of this thread is Steph started it to see the reaction from us as to her entering into fisho.
I am sorry you thought that but that was not the case I think neil sumeed it up more I was just got wound up I know some don't think I should and others are not bothered as to what I do to be honest fisho wasn't the bit that wound me up it was people saying I should not compete against other women and stuff

floatfisher

Site Supporter
You have100 per cent support from me Stephanie. I have met a number of transgender people and I am only too aware of the issues faced in everyday life, not just unpleasant comments but in some cases physical assaults on them simply because of who they are. I hope everything works out well for you and good luck with the Fisho qualifiers.

@stephanie massive respect for the way you have handled the questions posed, im sure you have taught some of us (myself included) to look at things in ways other than our norm.
Surely regarding the fisho qualifiers the answer should purely be no gender specific matches, that way it really doesnt matter who enters. If its 16 men in the final so be it, if its 16 women in the final so be that too etc. Everything now seems to be too segregated which kind of defeats the purpose of the massive media movement towards lgbt in my opinion. instead of building walls separating everybody we should be knocking them down when physicality doesnt make much difference in competition
I wish you all the very best in whatever qualifiers you get the chance to compete in

dumdum

Site Supporter
@stephanie massive respect for the way you have handled the questions posed, im sure you have taught some of us (myself included) to look at things in ways other than our norm.
Surely regarding the fisho qualifiers the answer should purely be no gender specific matches, that way it really doesnt matter who enters. If its 16 men in the final so be it, if its 16 women in the final so be that too etc. Everything now seems to be too segregated which kind of defeats the purpose of the massive media movement towards lgbt in my opinion. instead of building walls separating everybody we should be knocking them down when physicality doesnt make much difference in competition
I wish you all the very best in whatever qualifiers you get the chance to compete in
in theory it could be 16 women in the final... women can enter any qualifiers but men cant enter the women only one... slight imbalance and sexist in itself which is why most might think it was a bit off... not very often men get affected by sexism, but this is definitely a case of it...

also id put money on it the world feeder champs would be affected for example by strength... or being able to fish at 20m on the pole for a full match... some stuff is just benefitted by strength and regardless of what anyone says, men are stronger than women on average...

Burton Bridge

I have no problem whatsoever with Stephanie fishing, rather with the fact that one qualifier is set up to guarantee a qualifier based upon sex. It is positive discrimation and is simply wrong.
To prove the point the woman who wins fishes against proper qualifiers in the final, demonstrating she is not unfairly disadvantaged in the first place!
Absolutely spot on, unfortunately we seem so locked into inbedded prejudice's in the minds of many who stand in positions of power, that we are being prejudice in the act of trying to show we are not prejudice!! Its a crazy world

dumdum

Site Supporter
Perhaps bud... I did see a very good little snippet where a guy took a woman who was protesting women’s rights and how women get a poo deal down in about thirty seconds...

Warden

Site Supporter
006.jpg Capture.JPG
great to see you are still around I think the women are safe from worrying about you beating them LOL.although you dd beat Sue,Hard day at the office that was Often wandered how you got on hope it has all worked out for you,Phill.

Scribe

Site Supporter
Sometimes this forum can feel like a safe haven where you can share a hurt you have suffered and receive some support from non-judgemental people. Its a bit like an extended family. I know I have occasionally posted about something that has hurt me because to be honest at the time I had no one to turn to and be able to express myself and just rant. I left another non-fishing forum because I expressed my frustrations with the charity running it and received abuse from senior people within at charity. I would like to think MDs is a much more welcoming forum in which to express your feelings.

I know there will be thick skinned individuals who don't understand this concept. Those that would say "Just say F them and do your own thing". Well that isn't as easy for some as it is for others.
Evening @Neil ofthe nene

I take on board what your saying and I would like to think I have enough humanity to be able to empathise with people in whatever situation they are in. The truth is that is very hard to truly appreciate and fully understand someone else's situation unless you have been through similar yourself. I do believe that the 'just say F them and do your own thing' comments were mean't in a supportive way. I weigh up carefully what people have said, unless they spout absolute rubbish based on prejudice, I am lucky I suppose as for me the water doesn't even hit the ducks back, in my case. Have you found ways to cope when facing criticism, such as you did with the senior people running the charity ?

All the best

stephanie

View attachment 8329 View attachment 8330
great to see you are still around I think the women are safe from worrying about you beating them LOL.although you dd beat Sue,Hard day at the office that was Often wandered how you got on hope it has all worked out for you,Phill.
bloody hell that was a while ago from practice at ben lees if I remember and yes match result was nowhere near as good as it had fished in the days before lol. and things going ok thank you