sad little people

stephanie

I get what you are saying but if you have the Y chromosome you are male, if you have the X chromosome you are female. This is the definition of the catagory. However you choose to live is purely your own choice and nobody elses business. What we are debating is entering a competition with catagories for men and women.
thank you for your understanding
actually the thread was started about me being threatened with being outed for fishing a female qualifier but yes has evolved as you say into a debate on gender in fishing

brian carragher

Site Supporter
You only get one go at this life experience so if being as you were makes you profoundly unhappy or depressed or distressed, and change ticks all the box's for you in regard to mental health and general well being, then go for it and enjoy the rest of your life

was a bit daft them setting up a female only qualifiying round anyway

theres plenty of females that are well handy anglers without them being sorted by sex, just look at the quality of the england ladies team, there aint many on here that would beat them regularly,

my grandaughter fishes and quite often finishes higher up the field than lower, as a few on here will testify, having been "Rosied"

shoulda just left it as was

Blanks

Site Supporter
Steph, This is not a new issue has been talked about in other sports and in the media and as yet is unresolved, hence why I would imagine you made the original post. As with any issue that finds it's way into the public arena as this has, it will find itself subject rigorous debate.
I must admit that hearing all sides and giving the matter some thought feel that the creation of a new catagory as done for the Paraolympics, there could then be no bias from any angle and the event could attract it's own sponsorship and place in the grand scheme of things.

stephanie

was a bit daft them setting up a female only qualifiying round anyway

theres plenty of females that are well handy anglers without them being sorted by sex, just look at the quality of the england ladies team, there aint many on here that would beat them regularly,

my grandaughter fishes and quite often finishes higher up the field than lower, as a few on here will testify, having been "Rosied"

shoulda just left it as was
my daughters use to regularly beat many people in there matches

stephanie

Steph, This is not a new issue has been talked about in other sports and in the media and as yet is unresolved, hence why I would imagine you made the original post. As with any issue that finds it's way into the public arena as this has, it will find itself subject rigorous debate.
I must admit that hearing all sides and giving the matter some thought feel that the creation of a new catagory as done for the Paraolympics, there could then be no bias from any angle and the event could attract it's own sponsorship and place in the grand scheme of things.
I understand what you say but there is a problem with that as I have already stated in law I am classed as female

Blanks

Site Supporter
Well, maybe the way forward is to fish the mens until you finish transitioning and once complete fish the womens and say nothing.

Chervil

Site Supporter
stephanie, thank you for all of your honest, straight forward answers. I really cannot see why others would have a problem. If the law says you are female, then you are. Unfortunately, there are a lot of small minded bigots out there. However I'm sure I don't have to tell you that.

At the end of the day it's only fishing:D