sad little people

stephanie

This issue is not about you or anyone transgender, rather the fact that the female only qualifier is clearly sexist.
I would suggest you and anyone else who may qualify(?) to fish in it, boycott it because it, in line with your other comment re strength, has no justification.
Diversity and equality is the exact opposite of this. True diversity would be a competition where everyone competes equally as an individual.
it was not the competitors who asked for the female qualifier it was made available to be fished on the same respect that you say the women should boycott that match would the men boycott a specific qualifier as a protest

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
it was not the competitors who asked for the female qualifier it was made available to be fished on the same respect that you say the women should boycott that match would the men boycott a specific qualifier as a protest
I believe in integrity, which was once defined as ‘doing the right thing even when no one is watching’.
To demonstrate my consistency, I suggested that in this year’s final, Steve Openshaw, upon discovering he had (albeit inadvertently) broken a rule, withdrawn himself from the competition.
If something is wrong or unsporting I would certainly not want to support it.
I’d appreciate your view?

Blanks

Site Supporter
My guess would be that the women in the womens fisho qualifier would not be happy competeing with a trans person. Regardless of whether strength is an issue or not. Strength would come into play as we all know more heavily built men have an advantage fishing the pole in a wind.
Looking at the situation in general would it not be better for there to a trans qualifier, then there could be no arguments.
Whatever anyone feels or chooses to identify with must be a personal issue and should not be for sporting bodies to sort out.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
My guess would be that the women in the womens fisho qualifier would not be happy competeing with a trans person. Regardless of whether strength is an issue or not. Strength would come into play as we all know more heavily built men have an advantage fishing the pole in a wind.
Looking at the situation in general would it not be better for there to a trans qualifier, then there could be no arguments.
Whatever anyone feels or chooses to identify with must be a personal issue and should not be for sporting bodies to sort out.
If they perceive that the issue is about strength then they could impose a limit on pole length?

stephanie

I believe in integrity, which was once defined as ‘doing the right thing even when no one is watching’.
To demonstrate my consistency, I suggested that in this year’s final, Steve Openshaw, upon discovering he had (albeit inadvertently) broken a rule, withdrawn himself from the competition.
If something is wrong or unsporting I would certainly not want to support it.
I’d appreciate your view?
I have heard of this infringement I believe it was decided he could fish on which led to some controversy on the mater. for me the first thing I do is check the rules on any fishery and if I am unsure I check with people who would know so as I would not want to break rules to start with. recently noelie came round at hayfield to do a tackle and hook check I showed her both the feeder rig I was using and offered her all topkits I had set up to show I was within the rules

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
The sporting bodies haven't sorted it out. Stephanie has said she is legally female in the eyes of the law.

Phoenixicus

The educator
"If they perceive that the issue is about strength then they could impose a limit on pole length? "

Why should they introduce rules that are specifically tailored to or around individuals
It's like letting a one armed man fish and saying to everyone else you have to do the same

NoCarpPlease

Would there be any argument if the gender reassignment process (sorry if I've used a wrong term) was complete? I've worked with trans people (in both directions) and it only caused debate before or during the process.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
I have heard of this infringement I believe it was decided he could fish on which led to some controversy on the mater. for me the first thing I do is check the rules on any fishery and if I am unsure I check with people who would know so as I would not want to break rules to start with. recently noelie came round at hayfield to do a tackle and hook check I showed her both the feeder rig I was using and offered her all topkits I had set up to show I was within the rules
My comparison was not about the technicalities of the rule, rather the responsibility of someone in a situation which is unfair.
I am in no way, shape or form accusing you of cheating.
For the record, I think the people who have sent you the emails you mention are scum.

stephanie

I have spoken with a few of the female competitors who are fishing the female qualifier and to be honest they have been very supportive of my competing in this and also we will be going over for practice sessions at partridge lakes together prior to the qualifier

yes I can and do use female changing rooms but only as they are intended for to get changed in a private stall and I am guessing you mean masculine traits as in my plumbing I personally would not feel safe using a male changing room due to transitional effects shall we say
You have Boobs ???

Blanks

Site Supporter
I just think that a new category would be the way forward, otherwise we have a situation where the tail is wagging the dog. If the modern world has created a new gender which this obviously is, then the answer is a new category.

stephanie

My comparison was not about the technicalities of the rule, rather the responsibility of someone in a situation which is unfair.
I am in no way, shape or form accusing you of cheating.
For the record, I think the people who have sent you the emails you mention are scum.
if I personally found out I was doing something against the rules in a match I would stop and pack up but that is why you check rules before you fish

NoCarpPlease

I have spoken with a few of the female competitors who are fishing the female qualifier and to be honest they have been very supportive of my competing in this and also we will be going over for practice sessions at partridge lakes together prior to the qualifier
that's absolutely brilliant to hear. Shouldn't really be a discussion point then.

stephanie

I just think that a new category would be the way forward, otherwise we have a situation where the tail is wagging the dog. If the modern world has created a new gender which this obviously is, then the answer is a new category.
you say a new gender created but this is the thing transition is just as it sounds its not a solid it is a transition

fish change sex, apparently, its the oestrogen outta birth control pills leaching into the water system

and I read on the news not long back that theres a species of lizard-geckho that is now entirely female, the have evolved as a single sex species, yet still reproduce

Blanks

Site Supporter
I get what you are saying but if you have the Y chromosome you are male, if you have the X chromosome you are female. This is the definition of the catagory. However you choose to live is purely your own choice and nobody elses business. What we are debating is entering a competition with catagories for men and women.