sad little people

stephanie

well some of you know my situation.

today I received some emails telling me that I should not fish the womens fishomania final or I would be outed to the general public as a fraud. my reply was "sorry dear I go out wearing dresses and makeup I am already out"

guess I will have to see what they try next

I wish to make it clear it was not from members of this site that sent these mails

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I can't believe some people, it's all too easy these days to threaten people from a distance.

I'll be up front with you though, I'd be interested to hear Match Room's opinion on this though, as I can see your side of it but also there is more to be discussed.

Whatever you do though don't mention it to @NathanWatson as it might given him ideas :D

stephanie

@Dave angling trust know my situation as do matchroom I believe I am me and am within my rights to fish this qualifier and others and yes I know Nathans views on the women's qualifier and some of the other comments made by others

dezzatheblue

well some of you know my situation.

today I received some emails telling me that I should not fish the womens fishomania final or I would be outed to the general public as a fraud. my reply was "sorry dear I go out wearing dresses and makeup I am already out"

guess I will have to see what they try next

I wish to make it clear it was not from members of this site that sent these mails
Don't let it get to you, there are always people don't like what they don't understand or want to understand and most are probably of a certain age group,
You get a place and good luck to you👍😊

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Go for it Steph I will be excited to be behind you if ya qualify 🤔🤔

stephanie

Guessing Stephanie is a man who identifies as a woman.

Personally I do not understand why no physical sports like fishing have discriminations based on gender anyway, should be all one mixing pot. Don't they say women he the magic hormone anyway?
I use to be male and am transitioning its not people from fishing doing it its another section of society that sent the mails today

Burton Bridge

Stephanie I'm am going to say I wish you well and hope you have a happy and fruitful life. Don't let people get to you, live in the world you are in. Personally I don't think you should fish the women's open either but that's besides the point, I don't think the women open should exist in the first place therefore I'm no bothered either way TBH. I don't make rules no does the people sending you emails and if the rules of the competition say you can, then you can!!

On this topic our club has a "husband and wife's match" This is being changed to partners match which to be honest blows the whole system wide open to abuse. Wives of our club also get free fishing, intended to dangle a rod in the summer for family days out, I don't think that will last long now people will start abusing it.

Blanks

Site Supporter
Look on the bright side maybe you could fish both.

BB, hardly going to be fruitful is it? he doesn't have a womb, but we recognise his right for it to be fruitful. :p

Last edited:

stephanie

Stephanie I'm am going to say I wish you well and hope you have a happy and fruitful life. Don't let people get to you, live in the world you are in. Personally I don't think you should fish the women's open either but that's besides the point, I don't think the women open should exist in the first place therefore I'm no bothered either way TBH. I don't make rules no does the people sending you emails and if the rules of the competition say you can, then you can!!

On this topic our club has a "husband and wife's match" This is being changed to partners match which to be honest blows the whole system wide open to abuse. Wives of our club also get free fishing, intended to dangle a rod in the summer for family days out, I don't think that will last long now people will start abusing it.
thank you for your honesty I am fishing more than just the female qualifier so not abusing the system and I must point out I live as a female and not just saying it to fish the one qualifier. as for your comment about your clubs set up if its draws more members to your club that must be a good thing unless as you say people abuse it.

I use to fish in a club that had a junior section and although adults paid a membership fee kids did not but the club paid out prizes of £10 £5 & £3 in prizes to the kids as they saw it as an investment in getting new members as they grew and also got them away from games machines and in the fresh air

Burton Bridge

thank you for your honesty I am fishing more than just the female qualifier so not abusing the system and I must point out I live as a female and not just saying it to fish the one qualifier. as for your comment about your clubs set up if its draws more members to your club that must be a good thing unless as you say people abuse it.

I use to fish in a club that had a junior section and although adults paid a membership fee kids did not but the club paid out prizes of £10 £5 & £3 in prizes to the kids as they saw it as an investment in getting new members as they grew and also got them away from games machines and in the fresh air
You're welcome (y)

You cannot compare the partners situation at my club with supporting children's matches, its totally and utterly different. Please don't take offence but I'm going to declare myself out of this, it will only end up in upset. I wish you all the best :)(y)

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
If you have a husband and wife match, does that mean Steph could fish both ?