Rs ellite pellets

me

Does any one use Van den ey rs Ellie expander pellets. I always used to us the until a few years when I couldn't get them to sink so changed to ringers. Yesterday I couldn't get any ringers so got a bag of f1s Ellie again. Pub some last night and put them in the fridge over night and to day they float so on the bank I plumb some
more and leave them in water and they still float.
As any one got any advice o preparing these expander so they sink. Thanks in advance for any info

Scribe

Site Supporter
Give them a gentle squeeze under the water, it will expel the air inside and they will sink.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I had the same problem with a bag of those. Not used them since.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
I used to use these but a few years ago found them unreliable as they broke apart easily, and I prepare them in gelatine. I have since switched to the Dynamite Pro and have had no issues with these.

With the RS Elites you could follow my method and prepare them in gelatine. I explain it in full here

Reactions: me

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I put what was left of mine through a coffee grinder and made paste from them.

me

Thanks very much for the replies. So it seems as it's not just me who's had this issue and also that VDE haven't done any thing about the problem over the years

me

I spoke To vde about the issue of the pellets and they were very helpful but also told me something that I was unaware of.
Vde distributes ringers pellets

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
sonubaits is the way forward no pump just put them in a small container i use the type from ikea which are tiny put them in fill to top leave no gap for air put in fridge leave overnight next day go fishing leave in water all day bang on and reliable

tysontim

Baitech expanders all the way for me, no need to pump just cover with water and leave overnight.