Round 4 on the comeback trail and another Net of Trent silvers

IanG1

Site Supporter
Update time for those interested, another session on the Trent again on the Nottingham embankment. River still low and clear when I arrived on the steps, I sat on my box flicking a bit of bait out thinking of a plan, I fished further upstream this time on the paddling pool section where I heard roach had shown earlier in the year. Really fancied the waggler again but the constant rowing boats starting to come down would have been right on my line so not ideal. Decided pole 6 metres to may be better so set that up. Plumbed up to around 7 foot of water and some flow on that line so cracked on. Bite on first put through gave a small dace. Fed maggot and hemp every trot and caught all session mostly dace with only the odd redfins plus 3 bonus perch of around 8 oz each. Hemp on the hook still caught Dace and not a bite on a Tare so may be a bit late for that. Cracking days sport though and may have nudged double figures. That's 4 trips out since my return, all on free stretches of the Trent and nice nets of silver's each time. Might try another one of my old favourites for the next trip on the canal with some bread punch.20181117_141802.jpg

drw

Site Supporter
Well done Ian another great result good luck to you

ravey

Nicely done, Ian. I'm off there in a bit with my fishing buddy. and will probably fish short pole after I've had an hour trying for big bream on the feedeer. I'l keep you posted as to how I get on, mate.

IanG1

Site Supporter
Have a good day Dave, not a sole on the stretch except me yesterday. I am crossing my fingers it will carry on fishing into the winter on the deeper sections perhaps. Nice comfortable fishing all for free. Chatted to two chaps who commented how rare it was to see an angler and after watching Me they are going to give it a go.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Who says the Trent is all about Barbel ? There's something for everyone on the Trent. Do your homework like Ian has and you will be rewarded. Well done Ian. Nice net of fish there fella.

david white

Site Supporter
Nice one Ian, feel like I'm there with you best thing is your back in the grove and more importantly seem to enjoying yourself
(y)(y)

IanG1

Site Supporter
Thanks Dave, I hope it inspires folks who have had a long may off like me that you never forget how to do it. I'm a river angler through and through and nothing beats watching a float move down a peg and the anticipation of it dipping and that lovely clunk when you hit a fish. Pure magic and I am bitten again by this great sport. Got 20 years to make up for but pretty chuffed in what I've managed in just over a month back.