Rod License......... off the back of the other thread........ where do you keep yours?

Gwillim

Off the back of the other Rod license thread got me to thinking about where people kept them as they are not exactly the most robust of cards.

Used to keep mine in the bottom of my tackle box but inevitably it got wet, dirty and disfigured to the point of falling to pieces.

These days it lives in the back of my phone case as I never go fishing without my phone and it stays dry and clean in there, not that I have been asked for it since returning to fishing.

Personally I would have thought that you should have to show it to purchase day tickets to fish etc but that's a whole other thread I reckon lol :D

IanG1

Site Supporter
In one of them zip up plastic bags along with my club cards and a few plasters in the top section under the seat on my seat box.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Inside a plastic wallet inside a sealed plastic bag in my holdall. I keep a photocopy in my fly fishing gear in case I forget to swap it on the rare occasion I fluff chuck.

rudd

In a fancy wallet with club tickets - stored in my car.
I dont plan sessions (generally) but go off gut feelIng/weather or even time constraints so dont know which set of gear I will need.
Also have details stored in email accessible from two smart phones.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
Like you, in the CC slot of my phone. Prior to this it was in my sunglasses case in the my carryall but was a pain in the arse having to get it out half through a match. Now its to hand as my phone is on my side tray.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
In the same plastic little wallet type thingy I keep my bus pass in. It can cause a little problem at times, because instead of scanning my bus pass, I've tried scanning my rod licence. Well, it makes the bus driver smile.

Gwillim

Main reason for being in my phone case is because I always have my phone and a brain like a sieve so would otherwise forget it or where I had put it lol

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Wallet... it goes everywhere with me so it makes sense to keep it in there

Gwillim

What licence 🤪🤪🤪😱
Not even rising to that one :p

So many wallets :oops: never take my wallet onto the bank with me, not like the hot pie seller is coming around!
Wow now that would be a good thing to have in the cold weather! :)

Yuccaman

Jack of all trades...
Staff member
Site Supporter
As with @IanG1 , in a plastic ziplock bag, along with my club books. That lives in the front pocket of a bag that I take with me, regardless of the style of fishing I'm doing. The other thing I do as soon as it arrives is to take a photo of each side and save it as a note in my phone, as a fall back.

Last edited:

IanG1

Site Supporter
Same as above just got to add the plaster
Mate of mine got Weil's disease a few years back and carried plasters ever since. Nasty thing to get and deadly if not diagnosed in time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chris1Richo Fishing Talk 12
S Fishing Talk 50
B Fishing Talk 26
T Fishing Talk 21
A Fishing Talk 44