Road side rubbish !

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
... Use of the cameras may also solve the conundrum that has puzzled many motorists for many, many years - where do all those single shoes come from?:p

Simon
Well I can answer for two of them.
They were originally a pair of quite expensive hand-made leather shoes, which I placed momentarily on the top of my car when I changed into an old pair which were more comfy for driving.
After being distracted by a phone call, I got into my car, drove out of the service station and back onto the motorway.

They obviously do not always fall off the roof as a pair, so may have been separated by some distance.
As for being punished for littering, well I can assure that I was bloody well punished for that crime, when I got back home to my wife.
:argue:
:sick:

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I posted last week about a bloke who got a £300 fine for having crisp packets and sandwich wrappers in a carrier bag in his van which he was gonna tek home and dispose of in his bin, now if that aint Responsible and being Litter friendly so to speak i dont know what is ? if he had just opened the window and chucked it out the fixed penalty is £75 - £150 so he would have been up £150 where is the sense ?

Blanks

Site Supporter
There is a large grass area outside the local comprehensive school in our town. When the warm weather comes it's packed with school kids ( teenagers), and is a sea of litter every morning. The council send a truck and a couple of workers every day to clear up before the shops open at nine.
We are a selfish and ignorant race who treat our beautiful country like a s**t house and youngsters look like maintaining the tradition.

Sportsman

There is a patch of grass in the middle of our village where kids congregate in the evenings. When they leave there will not be one piece of litter on the ground. It's just how it is,
When my wife and I are out walking the dogs and we see some litter on the ground our reaction is 'kin tourists!

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
On a Saturday around dinner a group of polish finish their mornings work and gather on a street corner for a fag and beer.
It a dump within 1 hour and it’s every Saturday, been happening for a few year. Surely the council could work this out.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
In Florida about 10yr ago we noticed how spotless it was. Next day a young lad dropped a lolly stick , my god the sh1t hit the fan. The yanks all had a go at him. It was funny as hell, they kept coming from all directions and the way they acted you’d think the kid had started ww3. I bet he’s never dropped anything again.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I posted last week about a bloke who got a £300 fine for having crisp packets and sandwich wrappers in a carrier bag in his van which he was gonna tek home and dispose of in his bin, now if that aint Responsible and being Litter friendly so to speak i dont know what is ? if he had just opened the window and chucked it out the fixed penalty is £75 - £150 so he would have been up £150 where is the sense ?
What was the reason for the fine Wise Owl ?

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
I posted something somewhere a few weeks about this. We had a long weekend glamping up in East Lancs and travelled from Kent.
Because of the traffic we used the M6 toll, it was spotlessly clean to the point it was really noticeable v the usual motorways/A roads.
We thought it was maybe this was a managed road but I doubt many cost conscious lorry drivers use this road and definitely would not be allowed to park overnight.

It actually made me depressed !

shang

^^ if anyone has noticed the huge amounts of truckers tizer the other side of the crash barrier when leaving Newport Pagnell services slip road. They could've only been thrown from a left hand drive vehicle

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Account Locked
North Korea - nothing......absolutely nothing of any kind of litter, even fag ends. Considering that 70% plus of NK's smoke that's really very impressive... Not the same can be said for the outside of Beijing Airport though!!!:mad:

But in NK, if you are caught littering, you'll be instantly sent to a reeducation camp where modern & medieval torture is on the curriculum!!!

Really!!!...

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
Should the professional 'dolies' be made to do litter picking duties in order to earn their benefits?o_O

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
No mate that would get in their way of working on the side or Drinking and smoking Drugs in their garden whilst listening to loud music and letting their Big bull mastif or staffy tek a s**t outside yer gate . Its easier to fine hard working folk for trying to do right.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Should the professional 'dolies' be made to do litter picking duties in order to earn their benefits?o_O
I've been saying that for years, i've even written to my "local MP" (who lives in a different county!) asking why benefit claimants and prisoners aren't used for stuff like that...apparently the cost of supplying them with training, safety equipment, the cost of insurances and, as they are working they would have to be paid minimum wage by law would cost to much!