Roach and bream on the Tees.

Sam Vimes

As much as I've been enjoying catching dace, grayling and perch recently. I have a bit of a hankering to get stuck into some river roach (and, to a less extent, bream).
Can anyone give me a clue as to where (rough areas, no specific pegs or stretches required) the chances of roach predominating catches might be? Big roach would be a bonus, but I'd settle for somewhere that tiddlers abound in the same way that dace can in the middle reaches. I appreciate that Tees roach can be finicky about conditions, and can, at times, appear in almost any part of the river, but there must be somewhere that people consider more likely than not. Me being fairly unfamiliar with the Tees doesn't help, I'm just hoping that people might suggest Yarm waters. Deeper water isn't an issue, provided a 17' rod can cover it. The last thing I want to resort to is legering or having to dust my pole off.

trotter2

Over Dinsdale Chris been some good roach coming out just recently in the matches. And bream on some pegs hope that helps mate
Gary

Sam Vimes

Over Dinsdale Chris been some good roach coming out just recently in the matches. And bream on some pegs hope that helps mate
Gary
Cheers Gary,
I was aware that they've turned up at Dinsdale in the past few months. I've fished there three times this week. I've had hundreds of dace in that time, but only seven small (1-2oz) roach amongst them. With a bit more encouragement than that, I might even break out the hemp and tares. If the roach were as prevalent as the dace, I'd be quite content with Dinsdale.

trotter2

Yes Chris I know what you mean.
One of the lads that does the match results inform that there was some caught up to the 1lb mark. But yes I agree there's no shortage dace on the river. Obviously there's a few roach around yarm and even the odd ones at Croft but they tend to only show after rain with a bit of colour in the water. Could be worth asking in darlo tackle shop the lads may put you on the right pegs. Cheers