River Trent

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Just back home after a very hard day on a very clear and low trent, sat there all day for two fish one 5lbs the other a little bigger, My mate didn't get a sniff all day but a bloke two pegs away managed a 13lbs 8 ozs , all in all five anglers on the bank three fish caught, it badly needs a good flush and a bit of colour and hopefully we should see a big improvement.
P.s the source boilies didn't work Mick lol
Hi Barbel
Just back home after a very hard day on a very clear and low trent, sat there all day for two fish one 5lbs the other a little bigger, My mate didn't get a sniff all day but a bloke two pegs away managed a 13lbs 8 ozs , all in all five anglers on the bank three fish caught, it badly needs a good flush and a bit of colour and hopefully we should see a big improvement.
P.s the source boilies didn't work Mick lol
Hi Barbel Seeker,

Source Boilies ? That was last week. Keep up pal. 😃😃 Only kidding. They usually work matey. Been doing a lot of barbel on them this year. I’m on the Trent at the moment but, I’m trying my luck for pike / Zander. Two lads up from me are barbel fishing but, they haven’t had anything yet. Saying that, neither have I 😫 keep trying them pal. They will get you one one day.

Barbel seeker

Just back from another day on the trent , managed to get three up to nine pounds my mate got two , best 13lbs 1oz , at last a wee tinge of colour and that alone gave us a little bit of confidence but the downside being the amount of leaves and weed coming down the river . Although it did have a little bit of extra water it really does need a good flush to clean all the rubbish away .

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Nice one @Barbel seeker , got my fingers crossed for a week or so time, been doing ok despite the clarity, but when the debris is coming down it just gets annoying. That to clear and mild weather or at least settled will help. Mind you even a freeze the night before and I will still be sat there.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Cheers(y)
A tough cold day sometimes and trying to make something happen I find enjoyable and if it comes off then even rewarding.

drw

Site Supporter
Just back from another day on the trent , managed to get three up to nine pounds my mate got two , best 13lbs 1oz , at last a wee tinge of colour and that alone gave us a little bit of confidence but the downside being the amount of leaves and weed coming down the river . Although it did have a little bit of extra water it really does need a good flush to clean all the rubbish away .
Well done barbel seeker nice to see ! Unfortunately I have not managed to get out lately, I must try harder !

Barbel seeker

Also down last Friday but blanked but didn't realise till now that I hadn't posted it, but when you reckon it up two visits covered nearly six hundred miles by the time I pick my mate up you wonder if it is worth it , dead right it is chaps can't wait to get down again but it will be after Christmas now as her indoors is dragging me off to the dominican republic for two weeks for our 40th anniversary and only get home on Christmas day so it's chips and egg for Christmas dinner, brown eggs mind not any of them cheap white ones,( still waiting to get one on the source boilies though mick I haven't given up yet)

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Coming to the conclusion with boilies that feeding smaller ones in decent amounts and a larger one on the hook is the way forwards in shoal fish holding swims. In those quieter pegs where the larger specimens reside, then a single larger bait and no or little feed is better.

nenboy

cold day on the middle yesterday with northants lad ,with the cold weather now upon us we discussed wheather to fish our summer autumn pegs [mine had produced 18 barbell in 3 trips ] or move to a known winter stretch ,gave the summer pegs ago and a decent chub each was just reward on such a raw day ,probably head to our winter stretch next time out .