River Dane has been in fine form!

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Great vid mate, a nice bag of fish & a lovely looking peg.
Only fished the Dane once, about 35 years ago & I haven't a clue which stretch it was (somewhere by Holmes Chapel) as I was taken as a guest, It was a narrower stretch than yours though. For the first hour, I fished double caster on a size 16 & caught loads of gudgeon. Stepped up to 4 casters on a size 12 & started hitting the chub. Got three around 4lb. Would love to fish it again.

D

Deleted member 21081

Northwich Centre is on my hitlist as I’ve walked it many times as my in laws live in Leftwich and it’s a nice walk with the dog.

Is that stretch any good?

thinkFish-catchFish

Site Supporter
Great vid mate, a nice bag of fish & a lovely looking peg.
Only fished the Dane once, about 35 years ago & I haven't a clue which stretch it was (somewhere by Holmes Chapel) as I was taken as a guest, It was a narrower stretch than yours though. For the first hour, I fished double caster on a size 16 & caught loads of gudgeon. Stepped up to 4 casters on a size 12 & started hitting the chub. Got three around 4lb. Would love to fish it again.
Thanks for watching. Yeah I used to fish the Holmes chapel stretches years ago when they were day ticket and the upper stretches are narrower and shallower. The river deepens and widens as it approaches the weaver. 👍

thinkFish-catchFish

Site Supporter
Northwich Centre is on my hitlist as I’ve walked it many times as my in laws live in Leftwich and it’s a nice walk with the dog.

Is that stretch any good?
Hi, not sure if you’ve watched the videos but I’ve got a couple of videos from rudheath to Northwich and the river can be very productive 👍

D

Deleted member 21081

Hi, not sure if you’ve watched the videos but I’ve got a couple of videos from rudheath to Northwich and the river can be very productive 👍
No, not watched them yet, but be assured I will and I’ll enjoy them too!

A lot of people agree fishing the stick is the purest form of angling heaven!

thinkFish-catchFish

Site Supporter
No, not watched them yet, but be assured I will and I’ll enjoy them too!

A lot of people agree fishing the stick is the purest form of angling heaven!
It’s definitely my favourite form of fishing. Firstly for the rivers, the remoteness and then because it’s such a natural and pure way to fish, best as light as possible I think. I’ve been doing lots of sessions on the River Dee so I will put them up soon. 👍

D

Deleted member 21081

It’s definitely my favourite form of fishing. Firstly for the rivers, the remoteness and then because it’s such a natural and pure way to fish, best as light as possible I think. I’ve been doing lots of sessions on the River Dee so I will put them up soon. 👍
Could do with some guidance on fishing the Dee too so that would be great, thanks.

Ivan heaphurst

Ta I can't walk to far and have joined Northwich this year and the Dane in Northwich looks handy.

D

Deleted member 21081

Is the stretch of the Dane from the Weaver back to the road that has the Bowling Green pub on it private or is it available on day ticket? Thanks
Sorry if I’ve asked this before but I still don’t know!

D

Deleted member 21081

Thanks Simon, I didn’t mean behind the pub. If you go down the road the bowling green is on and turn right, there’s a section of the Dane, it goes through a park, close to a cemetery and past the ‘golden balls’ where it joins the Weaver.

I think ? That it was this section in the video?

Cheers