Revenge

lp1886

Would you have had the bottle to take on two 20 year olds head on when you were 14, and I would have got a battering, that's not sensible. I personally don't hold long term grudges, as I think I would be the one who's suffering by being bitter for so long. I don't regret what I did one little bit, and wish I could have hung around a bit to see him suffer. I never saw either of them again.
I think what you did was well deserved, and fair play for retaliating there and then rather than holding it in for decades.

corkycat

Got beaten up almost every day at school
Time has not dwindled the memory of fear, the pain , the blood
We will meet
I understand that Bryan but as Davylad said earlier; bitterness is self-defeating. It causes mental strain which in turn causes physical stress. Best quote I read was that "bitterness is like drinking poison but expecting somebody else to die from it".

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
What is prison napalm?
Boiling water and sugar mixture.
As Total says, boiling water and sugar mixed into a thick gloop....

Crikey, I wouldnt like to knock your maggots over Total. That fluff on your line yesterday has really wound you up hasnt it pal ? 😳😳😆😆
Don't worry Mick, Total would never waste that much sugar...he has to much of a sweet tooth :D

Taking revenge for something that happened in childhood when you don't really know better is pathetic in my opinion,
It was during childhood, we all had scraps, got picked on, picked on others, revenge was taken then, not thought about for decades ffs,
If you still feel bitter after 20 odd years you need to have a good hard look at yourself and maybe take a leaf from Geoff and seek help.
I think about it everytime i see one of them, wonder if i could follow him, tap him on the shoulder and ask if he remembers me....then give him a reminder, fair enough they're all in their fifties now but i am still watching and waiting.

Had one or two come in when i'm on the doors, could easily stitch them up and have them thrown out and barred but that is involving others in it and that would be unfair... it is between them and me.

My grandmother was a devout Christian and she always used to repeat the same verse everytime i mentioned getting my own back on someone.

She would say "there isn't enough room in the world for hatred, God would not like that, remember his words when you want to get your own back son"
then she'd say the verse which goes something like this (i guess one of our religious members will be able to correct me for being wrong)

“Vengeance is mine and I will repay, if your enemy is hungry, give him food, if he is thirsty, give him water.
By doing that you will heap burning coal on his head, don't be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good"

I don't believe in God so i guess vengence will be mine and mine alone.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
I see dezzathe blue thinks it's normal that he has "picked on others." But his get-out is that when you are a child you don't know any better.

And just for his information we didn't all pick on others.

So the killers of James Bulger didn't know any better?

dezzatheblue

I see dezzathe blue thinks it's normal that he has "picked on others." But his get-out is that when you are a child you don't know any better.

And just for his information we didn't all pick on others.

So the killers of James Bulger didn't know any better?
Try reading things in context, I was talking of usual playground fights etc that were common,
You really think it is clever to compare to James Bulger?

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
Try reading things in context, I was talking of usual playground fights etc that were common,
You really think it is clever to compare to James Bulger?
That shows the difference mate. Normal scraps and scrapes that kids get into are just that; normal, no one should hold a grudge for that sort of thing. When I posted the thread I was thinking more about bullying and situations that left emotional scars. The case of James Bulger is the most extreme example imaginable and the feeling, nationwide, was such that the killers were given new identities for their own protection.

dezzatheblue

That shows the difference mate. Normal scraps and scrapes that kids get into are just that; normal, no one should hold a grudge for that sort of thing. When I posted the thread I was thinking more about bullying and situations that left emotional scars. The case of James Bulger is the most extreme example imaginable and the feeling, nationwide, was such that the killers were given new identities for their own protection.
Which is what I was posting about, not holding grudges and getting revenge years later.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Actually getting into scraps was not normal when I was a boy. Nor was picking on others. Playground fights were not common.

And you wrote: "Taking revenge for something that happened in childhood when you don't really know better is pathetic in my opinion, " That reads clearly that in childhood we don't know any better.

Don't assume that we are all the same...we are all different. I never picked on anybody else and I resent the inference that I must have done.

That boy did a lot of damage to me and to my self-esteem. I am entitled to revenge as and when I choose...just as he chose! I put it in the category that Dave Spence has mentioned - it left emotional scars. It wasn't a quick incident that I could forget. And I haven't.