Revenge

lp1886

There seems to be a common theme with these ‘revenge attacks’, not many of them are face to face or fist to fist conflict.

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Account Locked
Who cares???

I couldn't post up the severe retribution and punishment stuff we did to transgressors many many years ago as someone will grass me up!

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
what you are describing are "fights", theres quite a few of them I could post about from bank holiday punch ups, tribal warfare or just you stupid C**** you shouldnt of fecked me off kickins handed out

but revenge is a totally different matter, revenge is best served cold, done in such a way the victim has no clue, why or wherefore the incident has happened to him or her, revenge is sweet, planned and executed annonomously

davylad

Site Supporter
I'll never forget an incident when I was about 14, there I was with a mate at the top of our terrace, astride my bike just talking. A couple of 20 or so year olds came by, and for no reason whatsoever just pulled the front wheel and dragged me along with them. No kidding it really did hurt, obviously they were laughing, and that's what probably hurt me most. We saw them turn to go down the drain path, towards the railway line tunnel. I said "come on" and quickly crossed the railway lines, and waited at the end of the tunnel for them to come out. I dropped a piece of concrete I'd picked up, right on top of one of their heads, then scarpered. I don't know what happened to one of them, to this day, but it would certainly have made him sore. He wouldn't have known what it was for, but I did. I looked in the local paper for a day or two, but never saw anything. I can honestly say, he had it coming.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
A few week ago I posted about a right pain in the Arse customer who I was doing a job for through a builder who I work for. Anyway he rang today saying would I skim a room out for him ? I told him I was busy but passed him a number of a bloke who will give him summat to moan about 🤣🤣🤣😉😉

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't think any child knows how the actions they take can affect people in the future.

12 years ago I suffered severe bouts of depression, my wife urged me to seek help and after consultation with a psychologist I had counselling at The Priory in Glasgow (paid for by the firms medical care). After several appointments and getting me to talk about my life they surmised that my depression was deep rooted from the time when I was beaten up by kids from primary school for passing the 11+, kids I thought to be friends.

I do not feel ill will towards them, that is pointless, and IMO would not help me in my fight against depression, in fact I now do not think of them at all.

dezzatheblue

Taking revenge for something that happened in childhood when you don't really know better is pathetic in my opinion,
It was during childhood, we all had scraps, got picked on, picked on others, revenge was taken then, not thought about for decades ffs,
If you still feel bitter after 20 odd years you need to have a good hard look at yourself and maybe take a leaf from Geoff and seek help.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I’m a have a laugh and joke get on with everyone type who if ya need help ya got it if yer down I will try lift ya, but ya get some divs who just can’t get a kick if they ain’t hurting someone or something the ones who get pleasure outta someone else’s misfortunes. Now they if they have hurt me or my family whether it be yesterday or years ago will get their comeuppance no matter what 👍

160642fishing

Site Supporter
My best bit of satisfaction was meeting my old form master who I was unfortunate to have for two years,I suffered for the sins of my older brother and he hated kids from our village as the parents had kept their kids off school through the previous Summer when the school bus had been withdrawn,I had more cane off him than all the other teachers put together,I bumped into him when I played football against a team he coached as a 16 year old,he tried to be friendly and I took great delight at just looking him in the eye and telling him to flip off. ( I didn't say flip !! )

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
I genuinely don't believe that our authorities understand the harm that is done by bullying at school.

I had a boy bully me on the school bus, and it ended with a fight outside the school gates. I didn't want to fight as my religious upbringing taught that fighting was wrong. But he had made my life a misery for months, and the anger is still there. His father was a policeman and a very nice bloke.

I'm 76 now and if I met him and had the chance to kill him without anyone being the wiser I would do it.

The only other person I hate as much as that was a female teacher, who was loathed by the whole school, and who did an enormous amount of damage to us youngsters. She must have died many years ago - she would be 130 now!

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
When I served in Germany in the early 70s our Sergeant Major was a short bottomed, obnoxious Scottish cretin who did not like me. The night I was posted away I put a brick through the passenger window of his new car. I know he is now bothering the demons in hell.

H T B

Site Supporter
Taking revenge for something that happened in childhood when you don't really know better is pathetic in my opinion,
It was during childhood, we all had scraps, got picked on, picked on others, revenge was taken then, not thought about for decades ffs,
If you still feel bitter after 20 odd years you need to have a good hard look at yourself and maybe take a leaf from Geoff and seek help.
What if he went to a "shrink" and the shrink said, "punch him on the nose the next time you see the ******" ?
Until we walk in someone else's shoes, we don't know how we'd react, so to say you think it is pathetic, in my opinion, is the wrong choice of word.

dezzatheblue

What if he went to a "shrink" and the shrink said, "punch him on the nose the next time you see the ******" ?
Until we walk in someone else's shoes, we don't know how we'd react, so to say you think it is pathetic, in my opinion, is the wrong choice of word.
Fair enough I could use a better word but still the same point.

corkycat

In 2015 I was fishing a stretch of the Shannon at Hartley Bridge; a narrow stretch just north of Carrick. I was doing ok with a stick float when four lads in a small cruiser bearing the name "Charlotte III" turned up in my swim and - just for the fun of it - started doing sixpence turns at full revs, right in front of me. They thought it was hilarious but I couldn't tell what they were saying because they were speaking in a European language. Anyway, that was the end of my day's enjoyment so I packed up and headed back for my digs at Rooskey. On the way I called into the pub at the marina at Dromod for a pint or two and who were in the bar swilling lager but them four lads. At least I thought it was so I went out and had a stroll up and down the marina and bingo; there it was moored up: Charlotte III. I had a quick look inside and found a shithole of a living area with four unmade beds. I went back to my car, grabbed around two pints of red maggots, went back to said cruiser and scattered the lot into their beds.

I am not a bitter man, and would never consider physically assaulting someone who had wronged me, but four years on I still do not regret my actions.

dezzatheblue

In 2015 I was fishing a stretch of the Shannon at Hartley Bridge; a narrow stretch just north of Carrick. I was doing ok with a stick float when four lads in a small cruiser bearing the name "Charlotte III" turned up in my swim and - just for the fun of it - started doing sixpence turns at full revs, right in front of me. They thought it was hilarious but I couldn't tell what they were saying because they were speaking in a European language. Anyway, that was the end of my day's enjoyment so I packed up and headed back for my digs at Rooskey. On the way I called into the pub at the marina at Dromod for a pint or two and who were in the bar swilling lager but them four lads. At least I thought it was so I went out and had a stroll up and down the marina and bingo; there it was moored up: Charlotte III. I had a quick look inside and found a shithole of a living area with four unmade beds. I went back to my car, grabbed around two pints of red maggots, went back to said cruiser and scattered the lot into their beds.

I am not a bitter man, and would never consider physically assaulting someone who had wronged me, but four years on I still do not regret my actions.
That is good revenge, not going round beating people you had a run in with as a kid.

davylad

Site Supporter
There seems to be a common theme with these ‘revenge attacks’, not many of them are face to face or fist to fist conflict.
Would you have had the bottle to take on two 20 year olds head on when you were 14, and I would have got a battering, that's not sensible. I personally don't hold long term grudges, as I think I would be the one who's suffering by being bitter for so long. I don't regret what I did one little bit, and wish I could have hung around a bit to see him suffer. I never saw either of them again.

bryan white

Site Supporter
Got beaten up almost every day at school
Time has not dwindled the memory of fear, the pain , the blood
We will meet