Revenge

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
I was talking to my dad the other day and he was telling me that when he was 10 years old a gang of lads, all about 15 years of age, got hold of him. The ringleader had a leather glove on his right hand and he kept punching my dad with it. 10 years later my dad saw the same lad in a pub toilet, "can you remember me" said my dad, "no came the reply".
"well I remember you" said my dad and punched him sock on the jaw. He said that even now, 70 years later, it still gives him a sense of satisfaction.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Oh do I love Revenge especially when it a surprise to the one ya want. There was a little scrote at school used to hang about with one of the hard lads so he was protected well until he started building college on his own 😉😉I need not say no more but he didn’t finish his apprentice 👍

gixer 13

Site Supporter
same as wisey don't do forgive and forget take a grudge to the grave

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I don’t hold grudges mate but if it’s been Done with a unfair advantage I remember, I hate unfair level playing field and no crying 👍

Dusty Rhodes

I was talking to my dad the other day and he was telling me that when he was 10 years old a gang of lads, all about 15 years of age, got hold of him. The ringleader had a leather glove on his right hand and he kept punching my dad with it. 10 years later my dad saw the same lad in a pub toilet, "can you remember me" said my dad, "no came the reply".
"well I remember you" said my dad and punched him sock on the jaw. He said that even now, 70 years later, it still gives him a sense of satisfaction.
So your dad got beat up when he was a kid by another load of kids (albeit older) and then carried that grudge into adulthood and got revenge by holding a grown man responsible for actions as a kid?
That’s pretty sad behaviour if you ask me, the fact he still takes satisfaction in it is pathetic IMO.

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
So your dad got beat up when he was a kid by another load of kids (albeit older) and then carried that grudge into adulthood and got revenge by holding a grown man responsible for actions as a kid?
That’s pretty sad behaviour if you ask me, the fact he still takes satisfaction in it is pathetic IMO.
You obviously had a very sheltered childhood mate.

Dusty Rhodes

You obviously had a very sheltered childhood mate.
Quite the opposite,I had a great childhood thanks. Which is why I never felt the need to assault someone for something that happened when I was 10... your dad is clearly very bitter.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I could quite happily cripple somebody for what they did to a friend of mine, I would not kill them as I would like them to suffer for the rest of their pitiful lives like she did......Revenge, no Justice or Karma in my eyes.

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
I had a great childhood thanks. Which is why I never felt the need to assault someone do something that happened when I was 10... your dad is clearly very bitter.
You probably don't realise that sometimes things can happen to you which cause a lot of trauma, not necessarily physical but mental. Acute embarassment like what was caused to my father can haunt you for a lifetime; unless you do something about it. The lad that assaulted my father was hardly a child, at 15 years of age and the fact that my dad 'chinned him' 10 years later, when they were both young men, may have even done him a favour. If the lad had regretted beating up a much younger boy he may well have felt that justice had been served, and be able to put it away in his mind after he met my dad.

My father is not a bitter man, he had a childhood that, should I ever write about it, many of you would think it fiction. He is now 91, not as mobile as he was, but he stays positive and he talks about his childhood with a cracking sense of humour. When I stated that he still got satisfaction from the memory of it, I was quoting; he probably meant that he was glad he did it.

I have a few people who I would enjoy exacting revenge on, one is a teacher (probably long since dead) who told me, in my first year at Grammar school, to stand on the table and he then told all of the class to "laugh at the miners son". My only crime had been to mention that my father chewed tobacco and yet I had to stand on a table, 11 years old, and face the derision of my peers. If I had met that teacher after I grew up I am certain that I would have been 'sent down' my feelings were so acute. It still bothers me to this day, some 50+ years later but I think I am the better man for not seeking him out. My father did not seek out his assailant but, purely by coincidence, they met again, the fact that my father took the action he did does not, IMO, make him pathetic.

Last edited:

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Taking revenge into Adulthood pathetic 🤨if I see a certain Dick that took great pleasure to think he was king in his gang I will rip his head off and s**t down his neck 👍👍 I can still see his smarmy face and know if I see the prick I will make sure he gets what he handed out but double.

Last edited:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
had a Mate

he fell on hard times, and I sold him a van, didnt take any money for it, said pay me when your back on your feet

he never paid owt, even though he got a good job with a decent rate going with it, i mentioned it in the pub one day, he laughed and called me a trusting c****

couple years after, I crawled under his near new transit one night and drained the oil out the sump, and removed the lead off the sender unit

he still dont know why it seized, but I grin when thinking about it

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Quite the opposite,I had a great childhood thanks. Which is why I never felt the need to assault someone for something that happened when I was 10... your dad is clearly very bitter.
Ever been kicked to the floor by a gang of 10 lads much older than you, had your clothes ripped off so everyone can laugh at your naked fat blubbery body and then...had them pee on you, getting their pee in your eyes, in your mouth, up your nose, actually breathing it in?

No?

I have, 11yrs old and those memories are burned into my mind as if it was yesterday, so yeah, damn right i'm still full of hatred and revenge.

I caught up with one in prison when i was 19, he expected me to be his mate "Stafford lads stick together yeah"...... wrong pal, prison napalm and a fall from the fours to the suicide netting on the twos...it was worth it.

I've got 7 others to catch up with yet, 2 of them are dead, snuffed it after sticking rubbish into their own bodies, i heard the one was screaming as he died, scratching his own skin of his arms and face...wish i'd been there to film it for future viewing.
The other he was found in a squat choked on his own puke, what a shame...not.

rudd

Revenge has its place but should be keept to ones self where possible.
I did something in revenge once, the guy involved thought someone else did it (who I also had beef with).
Watching them two bear grudges against each other for many years was satisfying 😇 and eased my mind!

Dusty Rhodes

Ever been kicked to the floor by a gang of 10 lads much older than you, had your clothes ripped off so everyone can laugh at your naked fat blubbery body and then...had them pee on you, getting their pee in your eyes, in your mouth, up your nose, actually breathing it in?

No?

I have, 11yrs old and those memories are burned into my mind as if it was yesterday, so yeah, damn right i'm still full of hatred and revenge.

I caught up with one in prison when i was 19, he expected me to be his mate "Stafford lads stick together yeah"...... wrong pal, prison napalm and a fall from the fours to the suicide netting on the twos...it was worth it.

I've got 7 others to catch up with yet, 2 of them are dead, snuffed it after sticking rubbish into their own bodies, i heard the one was screaming as he died, scratching his own skin of his arms and face...wish i'd been there to film it for future viewing.
The other he was found in a squat choked on his own puke, what a shame...not.

What is prison napalm?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Taking revenge into Adulthood pathetic 🤨if I see a certain Dick that took great pleasure to think he was king in his gang I will rip his head off and s**t down his neck 👍👍 I can still see his smarmy face and know if I see the prick I will make sure he gets what he handed out but double.
Just make sure no one sees you Owly. As an ex doorman that was always on my mind .... Hint, hint. 👍