Returning to the menu after posting

bryan white

Site Supporter
After posting, I press the back button four times to get to where I was prior to my insane ramblings, I do this to avoid pressing active topics and losing latest posts listed so I do not have to search through each category.
How do you do it..maybe simple but its got me stumped [:I]

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Usually i check to see if my posts been removed [:D][:D][:D][:D][B)]

Soprano

Account Closed
When posted it returns to the thread showing your new post. Then I just select All Forums

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The page should automatically return to the thread you posted on

Is that what you are trying to achieve?

bryan white

Site Supporter
No Dave, I want to return to the page I first open when entering the site.
I click active topics and get a list of all new stuff and read through, returning back to it is simple on a one page topic one return button press obviously extra presses for more pages.
Same when posting but that always takes four presses.. I must be doing sumfink wrong

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you click Active Topics and then use the drop down to select the time frame you wish to view from, ie since last visit, last hour, etc, that would be a lot easier as your browser will remember your selection each time

bryan white

Site Supporter
Cheers all
Gave it a go..that gets the list up Dave if active topics disappear when updating:
You need a mind reader doofawatsit on here, saves loads of presses of buttons
Must put that up in site suggestions page
[:D]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
if i'm on my pc/laptop i just right click and choose "open in new tab" then once i've posted/edited/deleted etc i close the window

dumdum

Originally posted by Trogg

if i'm on my pc/laptop i just right click and choose "open in new tab" then once i've posted/edited/deleted etc i close the window
if using a normal mouse you can click the scroll wheel on a link and it will auto open in a new tab, works for favourites aswell in the favourites bar for new windows

tag

My mind is now completely boggled by all that, so I'll just stick with what I normally do!