Returning to fishing after 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazaturbo

Hey all just thought I'd introduce myself I'm Daz from Walsall [:W]

I used to fish a lot back in my teens and early twenties mostly pole/match type stuff on commercials anyway when my daughter came along fishing had to take a back seat so eventually I ended up selling all my gear.

I had a decent pole (shimano beastmaster 16m) decent box (Preston onbox) and all the other gubbins that most match anglers use anyway all got sold apart from my starter pole which I had forgot was in the attic my old faithful maver moby dick 12.5 metres (heavy, unwieldy and floppy but super strong)

So the plan was to just go and buy a cheap box re-elasticate the old maver and go and have a few days here and there

Unfortunately I made the mistake of putting my pole in my utility room where my Alaskan malamute has managed to chew through the no4 section[V] so I had a ride over fosters and had a look at some new gear well of course budgets started to creep and we'll it went
Preston pro type 310
Preston pro type 410
Maver oculus 799
Map 501 2g

So now it looks like I'm spending a grand [:D]

The 501 was wicked but I still fancy a look at the oculus 999 the 799 felt very good so expecting good things from the 999

Got a holiday the end of next month to get out of the way first then I'll be going to get a load of new tackle [:T]

Look forward to meeting some of you on the bank

Cheers
[:T]

Dazaturbo

Originally posted by karp_katcher

501 2G ... 900 from vale royal angling in Northwich!
Cheers mate I still fancy a waggle of the oculus 999 first so I'll have an hour or so at fosters and try out all the 1000 ish poles before I decide 100%

Last edited:

manutd99

Ben G
Hi Daz, I recently returned to the sport and I'm sure glad i did. I bought an Oculus 999 and have to say it's a fantastic bit of kit. Strong and stiff but light as well. I highly recommend it. Good luck mate.

Ben

Dazaturbo

Originally posted by manutd99

Hi Daz, I recently returned to the sport and I'm sure glad i did. I bought an Oculus 999 and have to say it's a fantastic bit of kit. Strong and stiff but light as well. I highly recommend it. Good luck mate.

Ben
Yeah I'm off work tomorrow so might pop over fosters but I can't do anything until I come off holiday
I just like looking at stuff [:)]

maurice.walsh

i cant recommend fosters enough, had a great time there last nov, couldnt have been more helpful, no question was too silly , and taking up time was not a problem for the staff, IMO you couldnt have picked a better place for your return to fishing, stuff n things n info on tap also, ohh , and welcome to here from a fairly newbie here myself[:T]

Dazaturbo

Originally posted by maurice.walsh

i cant recommend fosters enough, had a great time there last nov, couldnt have been more helpful, no question was too silly , and taking up time was not a problem for the staff, IMO you couldnt have picked a better place for your return to fishing, stuff n things n info on tap also, ohh , and welcome to here from a fairly newbie here myself[:T]
Cheers mate [:T]

Yeah popped over for an hour this afternoon and had a waggle of all the poles I fancy within budget they were
Maver darkside series 1 14.5m
Maver oculus 999
Map 501 2g
Daiwa match winner
And the pole I think I'm going to go with is the Preston response m50 I didn't know much about these but they feel fantastically well balanced and the package is immense too so I think my mind is made up
Just gotta get this holiday out the way [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.