Recommendations please very nicely.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls. My dual purpose Abu whatever-it-is reel has died in that the spool keeps...Oh never mind I need to replace it.
I'm looking for a rear drag reel to use as a dual purpose feeder fishing and lure fishing jobbie which will be loaded with 6lb line. I don't want or need anything fancy, I'm not a tackle tart, just something that'll perform.
Who'll start the bidding?

Maverick

Site Supporter
Why rear drag? I'd go for a shimano DL 4000. Not expensive and excellent quality.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I'd go for Shimano but these are cheap and cheerful, and get the job done. Use the drop-downs for size and for choosing front or rear drag.

The Okuma's will fit the bill too...

nejohn

For the money the Rovex Ceratec range is quite good, I have one of the front drag versions that gets abused on holiday trips, used it both sea and freshwater and used it for things that really I shouldn't have done but it has performed well and is still as good as new (apart from the odd paint chip) link below but if you search ebay I'm sure you will find them cheaper

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Thankyou all for your replies and suggestions. However, the law of Sod has struck. Upon arrival at home I had a good look at the spool and where it goes on the reel's spindle to try and ascertain whey the spool is no longer clicking into place.
What I found was that the spring /sprung loopy thing was clogged up with krap. A swift couple of minutes with a small stiff brush and the job was a good 'un.
Thankyou all again.