Rear Butt Rest

geofflukins

I’m looking for a butt rest that is big enough to put my Preston Tyson cork handle into. I just want a simple butt rest. It’s not easy to judge how big the ones on the net really are and when they turn up they are incredibly tiny and no way could you place a cork handle in them. Most of the time the sellers don’t give any information about their size. So I’m hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction for a good butt rest that will be suitable for a cork handle. Thanks.

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Are you looking to just have a standard rest for the butt to sit on or one that will secure the rod butt?
If just to sit on then look for carp style U-Shape (carp rod butts are sometimes larger diameter than other rods)
If to hold then might be worth thinking about an adjustable one Geoff

Attachments

geofflukins

Is the one on the right the Matrix one? Does anyone know how big the opening on that one is please. Might also have a look at the adjustable ones as they look as if they could solve my problem.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
If you just want a U shaped rest Matrix or Seymo do "Smiley face" type rubber rests which are a couple of inches across or the Guru Reaper rear rest will take a cork handle but grip it for security.

John Step

Site Supporter
Nash do U shaped stainless steel one for £5.99 in Chapmans brochure. Big enough to take any cork handle. I have the identical items from a shop we have in Lincolnshire called Boyes for a couple of quid less apiece.
I prefer all metal ones like these as I seem to break the plastic topped ones too regularly whilst pushing them in.

Trailblazer

I have the drennan ones but i'm not too sure if drennan have stopped doing them now, that's why I didn't suggest them in my previous post.
If you can get them they are spot on.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Bear in mind you can use anything as a butt rest. Assuming it is to go on a box leg then you could use an umbrella or accessory arm for instance. I use my pole over/under rest.

lucc

For the river, to avoid any problem such as a flying rod, I use the korum butt cup. peace of mind....
Capture.JPG

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
The only thing I don’t like about the Korum rest is that it is fixed & you cannot change the angle of it

Barbel seeker

I to use the korum but rest but find a need to drill a drain hole in each to drain off the water when it rains but they are only used in a tripod and angle isn't really an issue

Trailblazer

For fishing with my rod angled up as many do on rivers I have some adjustable drennan butt rests, they're a sort of cage design.
They are good but if your baitrunner isn't set soft enough or your not useing a baitruner and have a good bite were the fish bolts off hoooked it can pull your rod but up and out. To stop this from happening I put a piece of insulation tape around the bottom third of the rest so the rod but can't be pulled out by a hooked fish bolting away.
Pity that drennan didn't incorporate a lip in the rest for this purpose as the rests are good.