Random thought

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I just had a random thought today ! If the forum was to allow only angling related posts, how many members would leave ?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Does Jeremy Corbyn or Diane Abbot Fish ?

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Does Jeremy Corbyn or Diane Abbot Fish ?
Ah, Diane Abacus. She could ask Dave where he got his 2 fish counter things from, she wants 2 herself, one for her, one for Jeremy Corbyn & one for Tom Watson.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I know who Jeremy Corbyn is, but I never heard of Diane Abbot !

c oo ki e

o_O
I just had a random thought today ! If the forum was to allow only angling related posts, how many members would leave ?
i wouldn't leave, i would just read and post angling related topics etc.
for the more general 'club house' type topics, i would use another forum and post there instead like i do anyway.
simples :)(y)

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
i wouldn't leave, i would just read and post angling related topics etc.
for the more general 'club house' type topics, i would use another forum and post there instead like i do anyway.
simples :)(y)
If Carlsberg did replies !!!!!(y)(y)(y)

carphauler

Quite a few I would imagine, I don't put as much on here anymore as I used to.

Total

Site Supporter
Good question.(y)......No I wouldn't leave. Given the constraints of your thread, 'only angling related posts' (which is still a massive subject) it encompasses lots of by products, communication, opinions, answers/solutions to angling problems, keeping in touch with friends, etc, etc etc.....The other areas/sections are a bonus IMO. (y)

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Not me. Learned too much and continue to do so by being a member.

I was glad when Dave created the Politics Room as that removed the sometimes overwhelming temptation to post on political threads, even though I knew my opinion would not be popular. While the Club House is useful at times in getting general info and answers I wouldn't really miss it of removed.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I think it should be left 'as is'. It shows differing views/opinions on a whole range of stuff and perhaps others can learn from it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Where else can you ask the pressure of a propane cylinder and get an answer in minutes ? :D

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Nah mate he would charge me for the pleasure :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I needed to pressure test this..

20181007_095832.jpg

Hot grub at work in future :D