Protests.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It was flown over the Manchester City v Burnley football match today and apparently had caused outrage amongst the easily offended

Burnley added that the banner "in no way represents" what the club stands for and that they will "work fully with the authorities to identify those responsible and take appropriate action".

It certainly got a reaction...

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Some guy called Jake Hepple organised it, search his name on Twitter.

tysontim

Fair play to the guy, especially for owning up to paying to fly that banner, why shouldn’t he be able to write what he thinks.👍👍

As for Richards not liking it, well tough, it’s ok for them to shove Banners under our noses but it’s different when the shoe is on the other foot, typical attitude.😡😡

spudnudd

ITV has just said White Lives Matter is inflammatory :eek:
Everything is inflammatory to the media because they never ever go with the majority of the population views its all about not upsetting the minority who are the snow flake tut tut brigade.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Well colour me surprised.
The bloke who organised it has a picture with Stephen Yaxley-Lennon on his Facebook.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
So Burnley and the authorities are investigating the case of a plane towing a "white lives matter" slogan. Why do they class the banner as offensive but a Black Lives Matter one not? And since when did "taking a knee" become compulsory before a football match? I kneel before God, the Queen and in memory of fallen veterans, no one else. #WLM

62tucker

Site Supporter
Still can’t get my head around why “ White lives Matter” should cause any hassle at all. 🤷‍♂️

62tucker

Site Supporter
Burnley are "ashamed and embarrassed" by a banner reading 'White Lives Matter Burnley' that was towed by an aeroplane over Etihad Stadium during Monday's match against Manchester City.

Why ?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Burnley are "ashamed and embarrassed" by a banner reading 'White Lives Matter Burnley' that was towed by an aeroplane over Etihad Stadium during Monday's match against Manchester City.

Why ?
To single out a Group as mattering more than another only Fans the flames, they are now showing that racism does only work one way and that if we dont show any anger towards anyone getting in the way of BLM we will be Punished.

Blanks

Site Supporter
Considering it's mostly whites that go to matches and have sky sports football has shot itself in the foot here. I have become disillusioned with a sport that is only interested in taking the fans money and virtue signaling, if I want to watch a game in the future I will watch my local town team at least the money will go to a good cause.

tysontim

I finally spoke to Sky yesterday as I am moving soon and about cancelling my Sport Channels, I said that I refuse to be Dictated to and will not be watching anymore Football or any Sport come to that matter where I see that White people are kneeling and the slogan of BLM is on the back of players shirts, and as this is a Democratic Country not a Dictatorship to please remove my Sport Subscription.

He replied that he had taken so many calls today about people wanting to cancel their Sky Sport for the same reason and that he would express my views and put it on my account as to what I had said. My answer was to make sure that he did and to please pass it on to the Assholes who though it would be a good idea to support a Thug who held women at gunpoint for a living.

Serves Sky right it seemed the way he was talking there are more people-cancelling than taking out Sky Subscriptions.😡😡😡

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Those who are making the decisions, the media for promoting it, the councils for going along with it and BLMs for running with it are doing nothing in this country other than setting race relations back decades and creating divisions which if they are not careful and rescinded are heading to creating a race war.

There are too many white, black and Asian people in this country who are like tinder wood, just waiting for a spark to go up in flames. It's not going to be long at this rate before we see fighting in the streets, more lone 'wolves' on killing sprees, random attacks on people based on the colour of their skin - the sort of violence and aggression that we as a country left behind in the 20th century