Problems with China Graph pencil marks

neo0383

Hi Guys,

Does anybody else have problems using china graph pencils for marking their pole depths i.e. it seems to get washed off during rain or rubbed off easily when damp?

I am finding this frustrating and am reluctant to use tipex on my brand new pole.

Have i just got the wrong chinagraph pencil?

Any feedback welcome.

Cheers

Neil

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I use Chinagraph pencil and have no problems with it. The ones I use are Papermate, not for any other reason than that's all Office Supplies had when I bought them.

carphauler

That's what it does unfortunately, i still use one as I'm not going back to tippex.

Never found Chinagraph up to the task and can't be axxxd finding a pole that it does suit. White,yellow and black tippex multi use and just scratches off with finger nail. For finer marks use tippex with fine point applicator, no more time spent wondering.

Irkthepurists

i use cheap oil crayons from Home Bargains they are perfect in the damp and wipe of with a towel.... try 'em

lp1886

Tippex just scratches off, never felt the need to use anything else.

JLK

Electricians tape in 1ft increments works well for me.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
A lot of this come back to the finish on your pole. You have to try different methods until you find the one that matches your pole.

Chinagraph and tippex work well on my carp pole, chinagraph is best on my match pole. But tape might be a better solution for others.

ru548

if im out of tippex i sometimes mark the line above the float with black marker pen! it does wear off after time some so i always have rubber bands on topkit to also mark depth?[:T]