Preston Response M50

Good morning lads does anyone use a Preston M50 pole? I am looking to purchase one and am after an honest review from someone who has used one.

dumdum

Site Supporter
Think one of the lads in our club has a pretty much brand new one for sale with extra kits too if interested? Search for max steel cowboy Bates on Facebook I think is his name on there

Not a bad pole for the money, Stiff and light as owt else for the money, kits are a nice length, sections aren’t obscene money like some poles 👍🏼

dumdum

Site Supporter
He bought it as a stop gap until he got his new pole after selling his Garbo uk1

I've had an m70 for 18months now. Bloody brilliant. Use it for everything. Stiff light and strong. Waggled the m50 and it's pretty much identical at 13-14m it drops about another 6 inches or so with the 16m section on. Still well fishable at full length. There's one in the classifieds now that looks a bargain

Bargain and a half. I had a gxr 2000 for about ten years before I got the m70 and it's still in decent nick. Preston poles are massively understand.

robert d

Always trying to improve
Site Supporter
Thanks lads I’ve just bought one secondhand for £550 only been used 5 times it’s practically brand new
Well done great price you have a bargain..they are a very good pole . Mine is used as a spare pole as i have the browning z9 2 . I still have mine for sale £700 but ive only used about 6 times .when i have used it ive been more than happy with it .

I’ve got one and love it fantastic at 13m and decent at 14.5m too nice and rigid and plenty strong enough for most commercials I’ve personally had carp to about 14lb and it handled them with no problems

I have an M50, had carp up to 16 lbs plus on and it never creaked once. Have fished with a Maver MVR and found the M50 better in the hand. I might get the XS but want to have a look at the Matrix MTX3 and the Daiwa G90 first. Only problem is trying to find a pole ally round here. Used to drive up to Fosters but don't know if they are the same now that Angling Durect have taken over.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
@johnfranks Fosters posted the following on FaceBook yesterday....................

Fosters of Birmingham
Yesterday at 09:30 ·
Well it’s not complete (just yet) but we’ve started assembling poles on our new state-of-the-art pole alley. We’ve got some mega graphics going in and a few tech bits to really jazz it up. Once fully open we’ll have 60 range-topping poles on display for you to get hands on with.