Preston Inception LS30 or Map H30 Lite box ?

Tombo56

I have finally after 22 years decided to retire my Rive seat box in favour of something lighter and I like the look of the soon to be released Preston Inception LS30 or the Map H30 Lite box. Can anybody help with any recommendations or information and does anyone know the weight and dimensions ot the Map box ?

TimC

Like 'Tombo56' I would like to know if anyone has seen or sat on either of the two 'light seat boxes' I know that the Preston Inception LS30 is not on sale until mid-September! but someone might have seen the seat box or sat on one by now and if so would you recommend the seat box or the Map H30. I know from Prestons website that they are marketing the LS30 as the lightest seat box available at just over 11KG.

Any advice would be great :)

Tombo56

Like 'Tombo56' I would like to know if anyone has seen or sat on either of the two 'light seat boxes' I know that the Preston Inception LS30 is not on sale until mid-September! but someone might have seen the seat box or sat on one by now and if so would you recommend the seat box or the Map H30. I know from Prestons website that they are marketing the LS30 as the lightest seat box available at just over 11KG.

Any advice would be great :)
I have contacted MAP and they claim the H30 Lite is approx 12 kilos in weight and the dimensions are very similar

johnfranks

I had the H30 Lite. It isn't too heavy but the footprint is about the same as my Matrix box. The reason I sold it was the fact that no shallow trays or drawers were ever in stock anywhere. Oh, and I found the seat rock hard on it.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I've got the H30 Comp which is the same box with a deep base unit
Had it nine months with no issues - appears to be pretty well built - 30mm legs so all my old Preston add-ons still fit(y)
You will want to add a shallow tray or else there's nowhere to put your pole winders - unless you just shove them in one of the drawers (£35)
Chapmans currently have the deep & shallow trays and the deep and shallow drawer units in stock.
And yeah the seat ain't very comfy - I start getting arse-ache after four or five hours.

Simon